Trevor left on Monday, a day after I entered week 6 and came back yesterday, which was the day before I entered week 7. Before he left we read all the new developments for both weeks just to marvel at the difference between the two. And to know that these changes were happening just within the few days he was away. When he left our baby was starting to develop a face and was the size of a lentil, and now that he's home the baby has an appendix, liver and is the size of a blueberry! I had to have an emergency appendectomy at age 14 so hopefully the appendix our baby has developed will last longer than mine, hah.
As far as
Yeah, I've resorted to just calling it nausea because this shit lasts ALL. DAY. LONG. Although, it does seem to be worse about an hour after I wake up and then again towards the end of the day right before bed. A few times I woke up after a couple hours of sleep due to nausea. Towards the end of the week I hypothesized the DHA in my prenatal was causing the nausea (as I routinely take the prenatal right before bed). So since then, I began taking the prenatal with dinner and haven't had an issue with nighttime nausea. Here's what's been helpful for me at this stage of the pregnancy; and in order of what I believe is most effective:
1. Rest
2. Clementines
3. Eating very often
4. Exercise
I bought psi bands to try out during the flight home this week. THIS WEEK I GET TO TELL MY MOM SHE'S A GRANDMAMA! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Sorry, so yeah. Psi bands. We'll see if those are helpful. I've read that quite a few mommas found relief from them; including my sister-in-law Anna. I'll need all the help I can get on our upcoming flights.
Rest has been a necessary evil. I hate just sitting or laying down for too long. After resting for awhile, I stand up (because I'm feeling good) and then I'll quickly realize I need to sit back down. Honestly, I just feel tired all the time. It's kind of ridiculous and a little embarrassing. I've caught up on many seasons of FRIENDS, The Andy Griffith Show and Women in Prison on Netflix so... ya know, not a total loss.
The clementines were kind of a surprise to me. Trevor brought a whole bag home from work and I noticed that the days I ate clementines I didn't have much, or sometimes any, nausea. After researching it a bit I found an article about a research study which explains 91% of mommas who consumed Vitamin C experienced a complete dissipation of nausea during the first trimester. So far it has been very helpful for me. With eating other foods, sometimes I still feel nausea "in the background," if that makes sense but after eating an orange, it goes away completely! And if ever I wake up in the middle of the night because of nausea, the first thing I grab is a clementine. It's been my go-to.
Lastly, eating often and exercising. Other than the oranges, I don't have a ton of healthy snack options available yet; more so just full-blown meals. So I feel like I'm always eating meals when I'm not even hungry. Basically just eating to ward off the sickness. It's worth it but now I'm starting to feel sick just thinking about eating. And, I would prep healthier snack options but I haven't yet felt well enough to stand that long (grocery store shopping, prepping and making food, etc.). It's been a rough week for eating well. Exercise hasn't been something I've been up for as much for obvious reasons, but I'm working on adding it back into my routine.
We are so thrilled to be going home this week! The plan is to record everyone's reaction to the pregnancy so we'll see how well that goes. Trevor and I filmed a video announcement for his parents to watch, we have Easter eggs for my brother John, my friends and Trevor's brother Casey, Casey's wife and their kids. But for my mommy? Ooooh, I have something special planned for that extra-special lady!
The idea of making her a hoodie as a pregnancy announcement has been in the works for about two years now. She wears a hoodie to bed and frankly, she needs a new one (love you, mom!). So I designed it in my head and once we found out I was pregnant I got on Etsy, searched for a seller who was willing to match my ideas and boom! The sweater was made! I'm a bit of a perfectionist but I'm pretty happy with it and I hope she loves it.
The design is inspired by her old jersey that she gave to me. She used to play softball (basketball and volleyball as well, I believe), and so I chose a raglan sleeve, varsity style hoodie for her. It's in navy blue (her favorite color) and the "17" on the back denotes 2017, the year the baby will be born in! And because her favorite number is seven, all of these 7's are ironically sweet.
Here's my sexy model helping to show mom's gift.
It still needs to be ironed but otherwise it's looking great!
Because mom likes to sleep in her hoodies, we ordered it two sizes up.
The front the sweater reads, "World's Greatest Grandmama" as mom has preemptively requested her grandchildren call her Grandmama. My Hungarian Grandmama (mom's mom) wanted us to call her Grandmama instead of the traditional-American "Grandma" because, after all, she wasn't from the United States. I think out of all my cousins, John and I were the only ones to stick with it. Our Grandpapa was the same deal. He loved it when we called him that.
So "Grandmama" she shall be called! And the world's greatest already! Dang, she's hitting a home run. Sorry, baseball pun.
Hopefully she loves the sweater and is thrilled we're having a baby. I'm a little nervous to tell her, no lie. Right now she thinks I'm leaving for Air Force Basic training in a few days and no doubt her mind has been focused on that. Every time she calls me she asks, "Are you excited for BMT?!" I feel terrible keeping the news from her. Only a few more days. Hoping she is ecstatic about this big life change for us. But, either way I'll film it and post it here, haha. So come back next week to find out how it goes!
Week 7 Photos
Week 7 Updates
1. Size of the baby? Baby has doubled in size since last week and is now half an inch long; size of a blueberry!
2. What's developing this week? Baby's hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs.
3. Current weight? 117; at home weigh-in.
4. Movement? Nope.
5. Sleep? Still waking up super early.
6. Symptoms?
- Boobs still hurt but now they really hurt! I bumped my hand against the inside of leftie (lol), and I paid the price. I kept tapping that spot after (because I'm a gluten for pain?) and these things are no-joke. They don't want to be touched at all. In fact, I have to sleep with a pillow between them when I sleep on my side.
- Boobs are bigger. And more even, for once in my life.
- As mentioned earlier, nausea (no vomiting) and fatigue all-day long.
- Sense of smell is heightened. I think it has been since last week but it's become more evident. I went to the gym on Monday and I could smell a guy's body odor from about 20 feet away. He didn't even smell bad, necessarily. I could just smell him, if that makes sense. I hated it. Last night Trevor attempted to make dinner for me and it reeked. Needless to say, I couldn't eat it. After we came back home from our walk I could still smell its nastiness.
- Mood swings. Yeeeeeep. This became apparent after Trevor came home, haha.
7. Cravings and Aversions? It's probably because I know we're flying home soon but I am craving Pollo Inka's soup so badly! Having a lot more aversions than cravings at this stage. Most foods don't sound good anymore.
8. Best moment this week? Picking Trevie up from the transit center yesterday.
9. Prayer requests? For a safe, relaxing, non-puke-filled flight to and from California, that mom would be happy and excited once she hears the news, and that we will have a great visit with friends and family next week!
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? So many things. Getting to hold my newborn nephew Jacob for the very first time! Jacob and our baby will only be 9 months apart! Of course, telling my mom and brother the news along with telling Trevor's family and our friends. And the food. I'm looking forward to eating lots of good food with great people.


No comments:
Post a Comment