But this blog is different! The hint is in the title....
We're pregnant!
Due date is 10 December 2017 which is my mom's birthday! I just have to say, I know I'm pregnant but I do feel like I'm bold-face lying to everyone by saying this. All the tests read positive, I felt the implantation happen but I suppose because my body looks and feels (mostly) the same that there's a little disconnect there.
Even so, this blog is for this pregnancy! My plan (read: hope) is to document everything. Don't worry, there won't be pictures of anything gross. You'll have to goggle that stuff, sorry. But I would like to provide my story for anyone who would like to read it and stay involved in this area of our lives.
This blog will be open in a few weeks and will be in-part dedicated to those who are TTC (trying to conceive). Can't say I can offer much advice but I know many are intrigued by pregnancy, labor and delivery and so I will do my best to be as detailed as possible for them and for memory's sake.
More importantly, this blog is dedicated to my little family. Trevor will be deploying during the second half of the pregnancy so this blog provides one more avenue of bridging the gap for him. Another effort for closeness so that he might feel loved and involved. I've got lots of ideas floating around in my head of ways to help him connect with me and our growing baby so stay tuned if that interests you. Please just note, given the nature of being in the military, the details surrounding when he leaves, where he goes, when he comes back and what he's doing will not be discussed. Not even in person. His safety and the safety of his fellow service members comes first and I cannot act as a detriment to that. Ask him questions when he comes home, haha, I'm sure he'll have plenty of stories to share!
We are overwhelmed with joy to be finally having a baby but there is undoubtedly an element of sadness that Trevor (probably) won't be here for the birth. Keep us in your prayers that somehow God will help him come home. I have faith that God will provide for us as He already has in so many ways. No matter what happens, He makes all things work together for our good. More on that to come as well.
That lengthy introduction was needed to get started, so here we go!
Weeks 3 & 4: 26 March 2017: Implantation Day!
I had light cramping all day until I felt two distinct pinches on the left side of my lower belly (ovulation side) around 3pm. It was unmistakable and I knew right then that I was pregnant. I texted Anna (sister-in-law & close friend) right then. Trevor has been working the overnight shift and so he was sleeping at that moment but I so badly wanted to barge into our bedroom and tell him everything.
29 March 2017: First + Pregnancy Test!
It was super faint. Like, almost couldn't see it. We had to rotate the test slowly in our hands in order to make-out the line but it was there! For those TTC, it was 9DPO and we did not test sooner.
Trevor and I were cool, calm and collected because, like I mentioned, I knew I was pregnant on implantation day. I suspect he knew then as well because he knows that I am oddly in-tune with my body, haha. He is so thrilled to be a dad. I created an email for the baby so I can send all pictures, videos, medical documents, etc. to the baby's email. I transferred some photos from my phone over to the email and wrote in the subject "Dad buying some baby clothes" and that blew his mind. It seemed to hit him in a big way after reading that new title assigned to him.
31 March 2017: Announcement to Brooke!
So funny because I swear she knew what I was up to. She's often a little difficult to get a hold of (don't blame her, she has a toddler to chase after) so I scheduled a time to chat with her in advanced. IN ADVANCED! Not only that, but a few days earlier I called and told her I thought I might be pregnant and went over which cheeses are safe to eat. So surely, you can see where I'm coming from when I say I swore she knew I was about to announce. Buuuuut... nope. She was totally surprised! I caught her reaction on video and it was a great one!
The back story of the announcement is that I had decided years ago I would cloth diaper once we decided to have a baby. Brooke does not CD Isla (my adorable, smart, funny, sweet niece and namesake; Isla Jacqueline!), but she has fun with me looking at all the patterns and dreaming about the future. Well, I ordered a few once I suspected I might be pregnant and thankfully it came in no time flat.
2 April 2017: Announcement to Dustin!
We announced to Dustin (and Madison) today and his reaction was pretty priceless. Although I videotaped us reacting to his reaction as well, I'm not sure I'll post that one. We'll see.
Week 4 Photos:
I found this pregnancy update questionnaire and thought this would be fun to fill out every week. Clearly, most of these questions aren't relevant yet but they'll act as placeholders for future posts.
4 Week-Pregnancy Update
1. Size of the baby? 1mm long and about the size of a poppy seed.
2. Developmental Stage/What's developing this week?
4. Movement? Nothing yet.
5. Sleep? When I sleep on my left side cramps ensue so I either have to lay on my back or right side. Last night I kept waking up with my hands resting on my belly, which is not something I did even before pregnancy. Maybe I'm overthinking it but it bothered me that I kept resting my hands there. Couldn't help it though.
6. Symptoms?
- Cramping and 2 incidences of pinching on the left side during implantation. No blood. Noticeable cramping early this morning before I got out of bed.
- Bloating like crazy!
- Breast tenderness is most severe when I first wake up.
- Earlier last week I found myself very tired mid-day but that so far has no longer been an issue.
- Puffy, swollen eyes in the morning.
8. Best moment this week? Experiencing implantation, finding out we're pregnant and hearing Trevor say how excited he is to be a daddy. Lots of great moments this week so I couldn't narrow it down.
9. Prayer Requests? Please pray that certain phone conversations I need to have with the military would be received well.
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? Making an appointment with my doctor to get the ball rolling.

No comments:
Post a Comment