Almost 2 months along! Overall, this week been an exciting one with lots of highs and a few lows. All of our family members and California-based friends are now in-the-know! Right now I'm speedily typing all of this so that I can post it today, but there's so much I will likely forget to add. The smell of mom's arroz con pollo cooking on the stove is wafting into the room and I feel so thankful to be home with her. This week has included lots of time with family and friends and trips to The Home Depot, haha!
24 April 2017: Got Sick :(
Started the day bright and early... by kneeling before the porcelain throne. :( I ran out of the usual crackers I had been snacking on in the mornings and so I substituted some that were not as appetizing. Crackers are just crackers? Not really. These Kosher crackers were tough to eat. And I ate my usual clementine cuties and the combination was not a good fit for me. Since then I haven't had any clementines and have only snacked on a few saltine crackers. Neither help me as much anymore.
The rest of the day involved us packing for our trip and making several phone calls to Delta Airlines to let us sit together, as I was sure the 2-hour flight would bring out the worst in me. Pun-intended.
25 April 2017: Flight to California; Mom Learns I'm pregnant!
We went to bed pretty late the night before and we had to be up at 3am to get on the road in time for our flight. One of our cats has learned to scratch at the door when she wants into a room that she's locked out of. She will usually try to find Trevor whenever he is in the apartment, and if even he's in the bathroom she'll scratch at the door until he lets her in to be with him. Well, she started scratching around 2am and it was hard for us to get back to sleep thereafter.
Thankfully I had no nausea that morning so I got up, got dressed and moved pretty quickly to get everything to the car before setting up the feeders for the kitties. I had some eggs and cereal that morning and we were out the door ahead of schedule.
Once on the plane I was nervous that I might get sick so I asked for an extra sick-bag just-in-case. We were seated next to each other but at the very back of the plane (so unfortunately, our seats could not recline back). In case you're wondering.... nope! No puking! Towards the end, the flight was a lot like the wooden roller coaster Ghostrider at Knott's Berry Farm. The strong winds kicked the plane from side to side. When I started feeling a bit queasy I asked for a ginger ale and that was the only thing that saved me. And actually, whenever I feel a bit nauseous I reach for a can of ginger ale and it completely takes away the nausea. I still feel tired a lot, but I'm so grateful to have skipped severe symptoms this week.
Mom picked us up from the Los Angeles USO and we went out for lunch at El Pollo Inka. Once we sat down I told her we had an "early birthday present" for her. Here's her reaction:
She was shocked but she's very excited! She sent out a massive text to all of her siblings and when we got home she took lots of pictures of her new hoodie. We bought it for her because we figured she could use a new hoodie to sleep in but she has decided it's too valuable to wear for bed.
When we got home I gave my brother an Easter egg that had our special announcement in it. It took him awhile to emotionally grasp that he is going to be an uncle, as I had predicted so.
26 April 2017: Sharing The News with Trevor's Parents and Sister, Older Brother, and Extended Family.
Trevor's parents made the drive down Tuesday night and we spent most of Wednesday with them. Trevor was so pleased to share the pregnancy news with them in person! We met up with them at the Redondo Beach Pier and after ordering some corndogs (not for me) and cheese dogs (yes, for me), we found a table with some shade. Told them we have a video of our favorite park to show them (Desiree has already been there but Terry and Sabrina have not) and so they gathered around Trevor and began to watch the announcement video.
As promised, here's the video. It's a little corny, I know. The deleted scenes are the best.
I thought I caught most of their reaction on video but apparently not. They were in shock! Desiree and Terry kept repeating that they were not expecting to receive this news, mostly because they were aware I had joined the military and was awaiting my basic training date. Later on his dad was more excited as the news settled in.
Between the pier and the Del Amo Mall, we spent the whole day with them. After making plans with Trevor's younger brother Dustin we all drove to Long Beach to have dinner together at El Torito's. This is where I got to hold my newborn baby nephew Jacob for the first time! Anna had warned me that no one had been able to hold him without him fussing but we did well together for awhile! I enjoyed every second of it!
When we got home we called Trevor's older brother Casey and sent him a link to the announcement video. Casey's whole family has flu-like symptoms and so we did not go over there. It was a bummer that we couldn't tell them the news in-person but it's better to be safe than sorry and we're putting our baby first.
Hate to say it again but be sure to check back in a few days. Any video that I took on my phone will have to wait to be uploaded because we forgot to pack the memory card container that I use to transfer videos from my phone to the computer. Bummer! But yes, please check back and I'll hopefully have it updated by Wednesday of this upcoming week.
27 April 2017: Quality Time with Anna, Madison and Newborn Nephew Jacob and Sarah Discovers The News!
Trevor spent most of Thursday prepping the backyard for the shed so I made plans to hang out with Anna! Lately our tradition has been to snack on Flaming Hot Cheetohs and cream cheese (super healthy snack, we know) and we just discovered we have a mutual love for Cactus Cooler so that was the plan but I forgot the cheetohs in the car. FAIL! Nevertheless, we had fun sitting around and chatting together. Madison and I played and I got more snuggle-time with Jake. Anna generously gave me a ton of maternity jeans and a few maternity shirts and I am so grateful to have them! My jeans are way too tight to keep wearing and have been hurting my belly occasionally. I'm glad to have some new ones to try out. She also sent me away with her doppler machine (so I can hear the heartbeat as I please) and I'm so excited to try it out! Hopefully we can hear the heartbeat soon! Thanks again for all the goodies, Anna!
That night Trevor and I joined Sarah for dinner at her favorite boba shop! The time we spend together is more like fellowship and I truly enjoy it. I also have her reaction on video but, as mentioned, it's on my phone.
28 April 2017: Sickness from Inactivity, Marla/Beth/Yesenia Reaction
So Friday was a learning experience for me. My mom planned to get off of work early and asked to meet us at Home Depot so I didn't make plans. I worked on the blog for a little bit here and there, but she ended up not coming home until later. I realized I spent much of the day nauseous and I think it's because, for me, I feel better when I'm up and about instead of sitting for too long. It was kinda a rough day because I didn't feel well but, moving forward, I'm glad to have learned this about my pregnant self.
That night Ashley, Beth, Marla and I had plans to get dinner together. Beth had to cancel and so the rest of us met up at The Olive Garden. Marla's reaction was... subdued to say the least but that's also her personality. After dinner I sent a text to Beth and Yesenia so as to keep them in-the-loop. Yesenia facetimed with us right then and there and it was great to catch-up with her and hear her advice.
29 April 2017: Building the Shed & A Rough Day at Home
Ugh, Saturday. Saturday was a tough day in our house. Out of respect for my family I won't go into too much detail. The Tuff Shed workers came over and built the house within a few hours and during that time my brother had an angry episode. It was both scary and stressful. Please pray that God helps him to see his own behavior and how to better himself, learn compassion for others, and to better deal with his sensory issues in advanced. Growing up I dealt with my father's abuse and it very much so breaks my heart and scares me that my brother is treating us with such disregard. If you're a praying person, please pray. As a family, we desperately need it.
30 April 2017: Officially 8 Weeks! Lunch and Family Time with Dustin and Anna
Dustin and Anna surprised us earlier today with a birthday present for me! It was a mom-themed gift and I love it so much! I'll take pictures of it when I get back home. She gave me a frame that matches perfectly with the colors I have in mind for our someday-nursery! Thanks again, Anna! We all got lunch and spent time together at a park nearby. Trevor and Madison had a blast together and Trevor held Jacob for the first time.
Gender Predictions: (I'll organize it in the weeks to come)
Trevor: Girl
Jacqui: Boy
Susie: Boy
Anna: Boy
Dustin: Boy
Madison: Girl
Brooke: Boy
Brandon: Boy (he flipped a coin, haha)
Isla: Boy
Sabrina: Boy
Terry: Girl
Desiree: Boy
Ashley: Boy, then girl. Now she's guessing both (twins).
Marla: Girl
Yesenia: Girl
Sarah: Boy
Pam: Girl
Week 8 Photos:
| Grandmama holds the bean! |
| Trevor's hard-working hands are stained and filthy from working on the shed. He scrubbed his hands several times to no avail! |
1. Size of the baby? Weights about .04 ounces and measures .63 inches; about the size of a kidney bean! Baby's growing about a millimeter each day.
2. What's developing this week? Baby's fingers and toes are slightly webbed and taste buds are starting to form.
3. Current weight? No scale here. I'll weigh myself in a few days. I feel fat so... add a pound or two from last week.
4. Movement? Nope, just tension every now and then. Kinda feels like the beginnings of period pain, but it goes away quickly.
5. Sleep? Still waking up early.
6. Symptoms?
- Breast Tenderness: Not as painful as weeks prior but still prevalent when I first wake up and when I rest for awhile.
- Nausea: Had a lot of nausea earlier in the week but it lessened towards the end of the week as I became more active.
- Lower Belly Pain: Basically, light cramping. As mentioned in "Movement," my belly hurts every now and then. Assuming it's my uterus changing and/or the baby growing! Gets me excited to think that at least.
- Vomiting: Only once this week, thank God!
- Fatigue: It's been bad. Walking around The Home Depot has taken a lot of out me. Usually wind up sitting in the cart because I can't keep up with mom and Trevor.
- Peeing More Often
- Completely grossed out at the thought of cloth diapering. No joke! It's the weirdest thing, especially considering I was so excited to try it. Even thinking about it makes my eyes hurt, oddly enough. I have had to unfollow all cloth-diaper related pages on Facebook and delete all pictures of them from my phone. I feel so sick to my stomach to even see pictures of the diapers.
7. Cravings and Aversions? Cravings? Eh. Aversions? Plenty. I cannot stand the smell of frozen dinners and hot dogs. Can the thought of cloth-diapering be an aversion? If so, this is my biggest aversion so far.
8. Best moment this week? So many highlights this week. #1 was telling my mommy that she's a Grandmama. I've also held my newborn nephew this week and we shared the news with Trevor's parents. It's been an exciting week!
9. Prayer requests? Prayers for my family, as mentioned earlier. Also, we're trying to figure out a timeline for moving back to California so prayers that the Lord would guide us through that is much appreciated.
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? Going back home and resting!









No comments:
Post a Comment