Sunday, May 14, 2017

10 Weeks

Happy Mother's Day!

We're into double digits now!  We opted to celebrate with a public announcement to the rest of our friends and family around the world!  It's early, I'm only 10 weeks but I couldn't help it!  I didn't want to keep quiet on my first Mother's Day!  We also decided we would like others to know about the pregnancy even if we miscarry.  Thank you to everyone who has sent a text saying "Happy Mother's Day!"  You have no idea how happy that makes me feel.  I've been waiting 29 years for this gig!

Our Facebook announcement! Thank you for all the love and support! ¡Gracias por todo el amor y apoyo!

First Mother's Day gift and he's starting off strong!

Fun-fact: 
This past Tuesday would have been my ship-date for Air Force Basic Training.  It's amazing how we grow and change with time.  When I enlisted I felt it was necessary for me to accomplish that last goal before I could even think of becoming a mom.  The Lord has humbly shown me much of who I am this past year of life and once I relearned (for the millionth time) that He is in control, I let go.  I realized I am enough and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  Didn't know I was taking you to church this Sunday, did ya?  Hallelujah!    God's timing is greater than our own and we are so incredibly thankful for that!

Poor Trevor desired children from day #1 of our marriage but I asked him to wait.  Even so, he agrees the wait has been enjoyable and invaluable to our marriage.  Every couple is different but the amount of time we had just-the-two-of-us was perfect for us.

10 May 2017:  Baby's 1st Heartbeat Appointment! +  First Time Wearing Maternity Pants
Aside from it being filmed at a terrible angle for me (haha, but I ain't lying!) this video represents a beautiful day!  Katha warned me that we might not be far enough along to hear the baby's heartbeat, but thankfully we did!  Unmistakably fast and predictably on my left side, Baby Coles' heart rate is estimated to be approximately 170-180bpm.  Our sweet physician offered to take a picture of us listening to the baby's heartbeat! For memory's sake, our appointment was at 9weeks and 3 days pregnant.

 💜💜💜

Don't you just love Katha?  She is the absolute best!  She kept saying, "I want to find the baby one more time!  It's just so fun to listen to!"  She's wonderful and glad to have her in my life.

11 May 2017:  Announcement to Carrie, Noelle, David and Amy!
I texted Noelle, David and Amy the good news but, lucky for me, I announced to Carrie in person!

Carrie and I frequent the park together, whether we're walking and chatting or going for a run.  Our standard is usually 5 miles!  She suspected I was pregnant as I told her early on I felt "off" and after several weeks of not meeting each other at the park she grew suspicious.  Sorry for my shaky camera work.  I struggled to hold my phone and not seem conspicuous.  Towards the end of the video you can hear her talking to (and rubbing) my belly, she's so sweet!

She starts off by saying, "So I'm on my period, are you ever going to be on your period?" 


Since finding out about the pregnancy I chose to scale back the intensity of my exercises and unfortunately, cut out running altogether.  It was a fear-based decision, quite frankly.  I don't want to exert myself too much and negatively impact the baby; i.e. lead to a miscarriage.  I know we can't control miscarrying, but I decided it's better to be safe than sorry.  Also, it's hard to workout when bending over puts me on the verge of throwing up.  My plan for next week is to slowly ease myself back in to a lesser, but still worthwhile, exercise routine.  Wish me luck!

Week 10 Photos:


Week 10 Updates:
1.  Size of the baby?  A little over an inch (1.2 inches) and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, about the size of a kumquat or small strawberry!
2.  What's developing this week?

3.  Current weight? 121.  Up one more pound!  I blame it on the breads, pastas and crackers I've been eating the last few weeks just to ease the nausea.
4.  Movement?  Nope.
5.  Sleep? I've been sleeping a lot more the last few days of this week and it's been AH-MAY-ZING!  The day after oversleeping has consistently been a good day with little nausea.  I have been waking up at least once to pee, even though I pee right before bed.
6.  Symptoms?
  • As mentioned, peeing more often.
  • Sneezing and coughing sometimes causes lower belly pain.
  • Nausea mostly in the mornings and right before bed.
  • Boob tenderness again.
  • Belly pain after the Doppler appointment.  Had some pain on my left side that radiated to my back.
  • After walking a lot, my booty hurts!  Like, can't walk!
  • Speaking of booty, Carrie said my booty has grown even bigger.  Maybe that's where my extra 4 pounds have gone to... 
  • And speaking of getting bigger, I feel my belly is officially sticking out and it feels harder.  I've got a pooch!
7.  Cravings and Aversions?  Craving cereals, noodle soups and steak with mashed potatoes.  Aversions are less than last week.  Still don't want to go anywhere near a frozen dinner or cloth diapers, haha.  As we were loading up our new storage unit I found a stash of my cloth diapers.  I had to walk away as Trevor hid them somewhere.  The thought of them still grosses me out.
8.  Best moment this week?  Hearing the heartbeat, of course!  Also, publicly announcing was pretty great!
9.  Prayer requests?  That the pregnancy continues to go smoothly and our ultrasound appointment on May 22nd goes well.
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week?  Getting back into a sustainable exercise routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment