Sunday, May 7, 2017

9 Weeks // 2 Months!

Officially 2 months pregnant!

Back home in Colorado, safe and sound!  This past week has been all about recovering and relaxing.  With each passing week, I'm learning how to best accommodate my new body.  Pregnancy, for me, isn't yet blissful but I do have some good days.  I'm also holding out that the 2nd trimester will be more enjoyable, although that's also when Trevor heads overseas.  It's been a bittersweet battle focusing on the good around me even when I feel miserable inwardly.  Even so, it doesn't take very long to think of things to be thankful for.

I feel thankful for even recognizing that God is challenging me to stay focused on the present versus looking ahead.  Fast-forwarding time is a mind game I have done often in my life when times were tough.  Have you ever done this?  It's like, "Okay, when such-in-such happens then things will be better" or, "Only a few more months until this is over," yadda-yah.  What a joy-stealer!  Truth be told, in a few short weeks my husband won't be here anymore to feel our growing baby bump and to take pictures with me.  It's even the little things that I can't possibly think to mention right now that I know I'll miss soon enough.  It's tough feeling sick every day;  it really is.  But guaranteed, it'll be harder to send off my soulmate to somewhere that doesn't deserve him.  There's beauty in this situation only because we have a loving God who takes these hard circumstances and turns them into valuable milestones in our walk with Him.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

We spent Monday working on the shed (well, Trevor did anyway) then we flew home early Tuesday morning.  Once home, we crashed for a few hours until I woke up feeling nauseous and needing to eat.  It felt so good to walk into our apartment, see our kitties and climb into our bed.  Home sweet home!  To be blunt, I spent the rest of the week throwing up and sleeping.  If the nausea wasn't too bad, I slept.  If I felt good enough to walk around a bit, I quickly found myself laying back down.  It is what it is!  I completely understand why some families choose to only have one child.  Growing a child takes so much out of you!  And really, this is only the beginning.  We want to have at least two children so here's hoping my next pregnancy will be a breeze.  And, in all honesty, I know that my symptoms could be much worse!

Last week we told mom that her grandbaby is on the way and I'm so grateful she now knows!  It's been so nice when she calls to ask how I'm doing, although she's not one to give much sympathy (not that I ask for it, haha).  She'll just laugh at me and say facetiously, "Well honey, you could go into the doctor's office and see what's wrong but I'm pretty sure you're just pregnant!"  Thanks mom.  Such wisdom.

Notable Mentions from this Week:
  1. Crackers and ginger ale aren't always the solution. 
  2. Not all ginger ales are created equal!  For pregnancy-nausea purposes, Kroger brand is useless!  My advice is stick with brands like Schweppes and Canada Dry.
  3. For me, drinking a lot of water does not make me nauseous.  In fact, it's been my new go-to for when I'm starting to feel a wave coming.  Hydration is crucial.
  4. As of late, I highly recommend Preggie Pops Drops--with B6!
  5. Breads and broth-based soups have been so helpful this week.
  6. Never underestimate the benefits of rest.
5 May 2017 || My 29th Birthday & Testing Out the Doppler!
My birthday didn't start off so hot.  A little past midnight that morning I got sick again but thankfully felt good the rest of the day.  Trevor took me to breakfast at IHOP  and then we picked up my free birthday gift from Sephora.  Walked around a few thrift stores just for fun then ordered two smoothies and went for a walk at our favorite park.  Later that evening we went out to dinner at our beloved Pad Thai place.  Sometime in between the smoothies and our walk we went home for a few hours so I could rest.  Overall it was an easy, enjoyable day!

When we came home to rest we decided to try out the Doppler.  We were focused on the heart-rate number on the screen and thought we caught the baby's heartbeat.  After reviewing lots of videos on youtube, I'm confident we were just hearing my heartbeat.  Played around with it again on Saturday but no luck.  Hopefully Katha has better luck catching it at our appointment this Wednesday.

6 May 2017 || Trevor Tells His Air Force Unit We're Expecting
A few of his base coworkers have been asking when we'll have kids, which is pretty standard for a couple in their late twenties to be asked often.  Oddly enough, one of his coworkers mentioned a few months ago how cool it would if we were pregnant during Trevor's deployment.  He seemed genuinely excited for Trevor to come home and have a new baby waiting for him.  Trevor called after his work day to say his coworkers were downright giddy for him!  His boss, having two small kiddos of his own, excitedly hugged Trevor and expressed how happy he is for us.  His wife also works on base and Trevor says she's just as thrilled.  It's so fun to have a network of people who are supportive and so excited for this new chapter in our lives.

Gender Predictions
Boy - ||||| ||||| ||| (13)
  • Jacqui
  • Susie
  • Anna 
  • Dustin
  • Brooke
  • Brandon
  • Isla
  • Sabrina
  • Desiree
  • Lena
  • Sarah
  • Colonel
  • Noelle
Girl - ||||| ||||| (10)
  • Trevor
  • Terry
  • Casey
  • Heather
  • Madison
  • Ashley
  • Marla
  • Yesenia
  • Pam
  • Daniel 

Week 9 Photos


Doctor-Prescribed Photos - Good for the Soul!
And, once Trevor came home the cats came out to play.  So here's a few fun shots of them!

So much boredom in our household.

Week 9 Updates
1.  Size of the baby?  Nearly an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce; about the size of a grape!
2.  What's developing this week? 
3.  Current weight? 120.  Hot damn!  I'm up 3 pounds.  I decided to go off of my doctor's appointment pre-pregnancy, when my weight was 117, because I'm confident the Air Force scale was off.  It either said 113 or 115, either way I'm usually around 117.
4.  Movement?  Nope.
5.  Sleep? Still waking up consistently between 4-5am.  Back to subconsciously resting my hands on my belly.
6.  Symptoms?
  • Nausea.  Seems to be combated by Preggie Pops.
  • Threw up twice last week and had one day of dry heaving that wouldn't quit. 
  • Fatigue.
  • Bloated.  This hasn't been included in a few of my latest updates but for obvious reasons.  The bloat will only get worse from here on out!  However, while out in California (so almost week 8) the bloating subsided a bit.
  • Weird taste in my mouth.  Not sure how to describe it (perhaps, salty) but I reach for my water bottle when it happens.  It's like a little reminder to keep drinking.
7.  Cravings and Aversions?  Craving soups, chicken, salads and fruit.  But that's my normal pre-pregnancy diet so I'm not sure that I'm having real cravings yet.  As far as aversions go, I've got plenty.  Nothing sounds good.  All the things I bought during Trevor's week away do not interest me anymore, in fact most of it grosses me out.  Even thinking of it leaves me feeling queasy.
8.  Best moment this week?  Celebrating my birthday with my husband!  Specifically sitting in the jeep sipping our smoothies and people-watching.
9.  Prayer requests?  Prayers that Trevor will be able to make all upcoming appointments for the baby and that we are able to hear the heartbeat at our appointment.  9 weeks is still pretty early to hear it but that would bring me some comfort to actually know that baby is alive and well.
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week? Heartbeat appointment with Katha.  She'll be using a Doppler instead of an ultrasound machine so we're hoping that we can hear the heartbeat this early.  I've been using a Doppler and haven't had much luck yet but I also haven't given it much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment