Sunday, May 21, 2017

11 Weeks

Hello friends!

I'm writing to you from the couch; albeit, I'm usually writing to you from the couch.  I just haven't mentioned it yet.  This is where I live now.  It's comfy enough so that's nice.  Welcome to my world! 

Pregnancy Essentials:  Water with straw, ginger ale, and a puke bucket.

Trevor snapped that picture of me this morning.  Told him I wanted to upload the blog sooner (although I just started writing now; Sunday afternoon) so when he got home from the graveyard shift he woke me up and we took our weekly pictures together.   That was a big mistake for me.

What I've learned about my pregnant self is I need a lot of sleep!  Also, when I need to eat, I need to eat now! If I wait to eat first thing in the morning, I pay for it in nausea that won't subside.  The reason I didn't eat right away is because our plan was to quickly take the photos and then head back to bed.  Our neighbors had other plans for our morning.

Trevor and I laugh (read: cry) because we realized whatever room we're in (i.e., master bedroom, living room, or kitchen), our neighbors are right underneath us.  There's only two and half people living there (a couple + their toddler) and yet... they're everywhere!  So after Trevor and I quickly snapped our pictures we headed straight for our bedroom.  That's where we were greeted with our neighbor's music and super loud base that shook the walls.  At 7:30am.  Our hanging picture frames are now crooked, haha... but I'm not joking.

So in resisting the temptation to angrily bang my fist against the wall, Trevor and I opted to take our blankets and pillows to the front room and try to sleep there.  I began to rest, Trevor snapped the photo and then passed out on the floor.  I woke up to the sound of them now blasting music beneath us.  They're now in the living room.  Can they sense our misery?  I have theories.

Trevor can sleep anywhere, on anything and in any position.  I once took a picture of him sitting straight up holding a pencil against a pad of paper.  He fell asleep mid-sentence!  So the bouncing walls and booming floor didn't bother him; he would have happily slept through it.  I got up and grabbed a blanket to lay over him and he woke up from that.  Oh well.  We got up, grabbed all of our things and sleepily ventured back to the bedroom while bumping into walls like defeated, wounded animals.  Don't you just love apartment life?

Well, that was a rant!  Hope you're still with me.  Guess I should talk about the pregnancy now.

So last Sunday was Mother's Day and conveniently the day I finally got the video of the baby's heartbeat uploaded.  Sent it to my mom, Ashley and Brooke.  All three of them texted me back that the video made them tear-up!  You guys are so sweet!

After we publicly announced, I joined an expectant mother's group on Facebook.  It's for all mommas who are due to deliver this December (Thanks to Anna for suggesting I join one!).  It's uh... it's an interesting group of ladies.  I'm glad I joined and especially earlier in the week it was fun to read about other pregnancies and get the chance to talk about mine... some more... haha.  But what I liked the most was reading questions from newbie pregnant ladies and the associated follow-up answers from seasoned moms.  Some moms on here are on their 12th pregnancy!  However, sad to say, at this point in the week I have unfollowed the group, basically I unsubscribed so that updates wouldn't reach my newsfeed.  These ladies are full of drama and are starting to nitpick each other and pick fights.

Also, it's worth mentioning that last Sunday we had over 1550 members and now we're down to a 1300!  In a week's time we lost 250 members!  There's not a day that goes by without a "I'm leaving the group as I've had a miscarriage" post.  And most days include multiple miscarriages or baby-no-longer-has-a-heartbeat updates.  It's heartbreaking.  I wish they didn't have to go through that.  I pray every night I don't have to go through that.

Then, as you know, the goal for this week was to get back into an exercise routine.  Monday and Tuesday were rough days for me nausea-wise and then Wednesday we were dealing with our apartment manager on and off all day.  Forgot to mention this last week, but we put in our 30-day notice on our apartment!  Doesn't feel real, mostly because we have yet to start packing.  Check back next week because I'll be posting pictures of this lovely place before it's all boxed up in storage.  Thanks to Trevor's military orders we're able to break lease without being penalized but we would like to be out of here mid-June and that's being met by some resistance from our apartment people.

Then Thursday's storm hit all of Colorado.  The downpour of snow started early Thursday morning and lasted all day Friday!  Our rivers and lakes are full and look extra beautiful now but dang, it was cold outside.  Took this little video from our bedroom window:


Trevor had both nights off so we cozied up on the couch and watched Disney movies (our favorites to watch together are Ratatouille, 101 Dalmatians and Robin Hood).  So instead of going for a walk, we used the Doppler to listen for the baby!  It's pretty consistent that I feel, what I consider to be, growing pains Thursday and Friday each week.  Side-note:  I'm predicting the baby may be measuring a few days earlier than my EDD.  So when using the Doppler, I went straight for the area where I feel the most tension/pain.  It's also the area where we found the baby with Katha.  With all that said, we found the baby within the blink of an eye!


Saturday we finally got outside and visited our park--and it was wonderful!  We went for our walk then had some subs at Subway.  Don't worry, we had the meat cooked so that the risk of listeria was gone.  Subway sandwiches have been my craving for weeks now!  It was so beautiful outside!  What a privilege it was to walk amongst such lush greenery while holding hands and discussing baby names.  This park is basically Eden to me.

Warning:  Annoying screaming girl is way too excited about throwing frozen water at her husband.

Week 11 Photos:
Baby is 1.6 inches long, and this kumquat is that long.  We think it's a better representation than a fig.
Week 11 Updates:
1.  Size of the baby?  Baby is just over 1 1/2 inches long and is about the size of a fig (or, as we chose, a kumquat)– is now almost fully formed.  The hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden.
2.  What's developing this week?
3.  Current weight? 123, up another two pounds!  So far, I've gained 6 pounds total.
4.  Movement?  I could have sworn I felt the baby swimming around but it's just gas.  I know that's odd to say, but it doesn't feel like normal gas, haha!  I'll have a little fluttering feeling and then maybe 5 minutes later I'll realize otherwise.  Basically I farted, people.
5.  Sleep?  I need to sleep a ton.  It's the only way to avoid being miserable.  I go to bed around midnight and eat something once Trevor comes home around 7am, then we go back to bed together.  Usually I'll get up around 10 or 11.  I don't like sleeping this much but it's not an option anymore.  Even though I would like to be working, I'm grateful that right now I can rest.  Hopefully next trimester I can work to earn some extra money for us.
6.  Symptoms?  
  • Headaches.  These started last Sunday, after I submitted the 10-week post.  I don't take anything for them, usually just tough it out.  Placing a hot washcloth on my head has helped a little.
  • Calm for the most part, not too moody although I'm understandably stressed.  We've got a lot of changes coming up that weigh on me from time to time.  Yesterday Trevor and I had a heart to heart and I cried, which didn't help my headache.
  • As far as being regular goes, I'm not.  It's nothing painful but I'm mindful of it.  Dried fruits to the rescue!
  • Out of breath occasionally, mostly when talking.  Or chasing my husband to pelt him with snowballs.
  • As mentioned, Thursdays and Fridays are consistent days for round ligament pain.
  • A little bit of heartburn this week.
  • Waistbands hurt!  Underwear, pants, and even seat belts. 
  • Belly is bigger and harder. For those who haven't experienced pregnancy yet, it kinda feels like having a bulging belly from a really full bladder even when it's empty.
  • Jeans don't fit.  I don't wear them outside any longer (when I actually go outside) so it's time to officially switch it up in my weekly update pictures.
  • As always, breast tenderness.  Boobs are getting much bigger and are apparently looking great, according to Trevor.  Poor husbands... they're drawn to something they're not allowed to have.  Like a moth to a flame, touch it and die.
7.  Cravings and Aversions?  Craving Subway sandwiches; I like the Italian BMT on Italian Herb & Cheese bread with everything on it!  The Subway workers don't hold back on me, guys!  In case you're curious, I like lettuce, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, green peppers, olives, onions, pickles, peppercinis AND jalapeños (hence the heartburn) with pepperjack cheese, mayo, oil, vinegar plus salt and pepper cause that's how I roll.
In terms of aversions, I haven't been loving protein as much.  Which, if you know me, this is so unlike me.  I'm usually not one to eat a lot of pasta (just personal preference) but I normally require protein with every meal.  Now I'm practically a vegetarian and I don't like it. 
8.  Best moment this week?  The walk to remember with my Trevie.
9.  Prayer requests?  That our ultrasound appointment tomorrow would go well and that baby looks great and perfectly healthy!  You guys, we get to see the baby tomorrow!!!  Also, please pray that our apartment manager lets us leave when we have scheduled to do so.
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week?  Seeing the baby tomorrow, was that not obvious? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment