The light at the end of the symptoms-of-the-first-trimester tunnel is near as fatigue and day-nausea are easing up! Things on my to-do list are finally being checked off and it feels good to cook and clean again. Really, it just feels good to stand for longer than 15 minutes without the intense urge to lay down following soon after.
Night-time nausea is still a thing, unfortunately. However, I'm convinced it's due to the prenatal I'm taking right before bed. So last week I mentioned that taking a shower = nausea, but really... prenatal (with DHA) = nausea for me. And based on forums I've read, other mamas have had this reaction too. If this sounds a lot like what you're going through, you might wanna try this.
New Nighttime Routine:
- Shower (no nighttime snack)
- Get in bed--making sure not to get up for any reason (other than to pee)
- Take prenatal
Not many notable mentions this week, but we had a few fun moments I'd like to share.
1 June 2017: Trevor's Last Shift at Target, Our Conversation with Grocery Store Guy + Gender Ring Test
Trevor's last shift at Target was a breeze. He anticipated receiving a double-truck load that evening which one was cancelled. He said goodbye to the friends he's made and they got off a few hours early. We were happy to have him home sooner because I booked a doctor's appointment for him that next morning, so unlike weeks past, he got a pretty good night's sleep. His PIP joint on his left ring-finger has been bugging him for a few weeks now. Hopefully it's just a strained tendon and not a fracture. We'll find out in a few days.
Trevor will be out of town the next two Sundays, so we went grocery shopping after his appointment to get a 3" pea pod and a 3.5" lemon (we try to be precise about these things!). Only, we scoured around Safeway's produce section unable to find a single pea pod. The head of the produce department came over to assist us (lol) and apparently their shipment of green beans were rotten so... we were out of luck. But! What was memorable about meeting him is he inquired why we wanted a single pea pod and we shared about our little growing green bean! His face lit up with delight when we told him we're expecting (no, we've never met this guy before) and he loved the concept of our weekly pictures (Thank-you, Pinterest!). We talked with him for a good 10 minutes and at one point he placed a hand atop Trevor's shoulder, looked him in the eye and said,
"Be grateful for your wife. Us men are wussies. Be glad she's the one who has to somehow shove a watermelon out!" And then he turned around and pointed towards the barrel of watermelons behind him. "Trevor, is it? Trevor, you try and do that!" We enjoyed laughing with him and we walked away feeling so glad that we just happened to walk into that Safeway, on that day and at that time because we got to meet Grocery Store Guy. Don't actually remember his name so, ya know.
After eventually tracking down a green bean, we came home and performed the ring test. I did it a few times and the results were: Boy (circle), girl (sway), then a combination of circling and swaying... which may mean our third pregnancy will be a set of boy/girl twins. It's interesting the results we're the same each time, and other folks swear this gender-prediction method has been spot-on for them, but I don't know. We'll have to wait and see!
Interesting thing is, Trevor chose to borrow my strand of hair, thread his own wedding ring on and perform the test on himself. The results, other than the twins, were the same. The "third pregnancy" trial is inconclusive because he unknowingly rested his arm against a pillow and for some reason we didn't choose to try again afterwards. Not saying I believe in this, but in a very small, minuscule, itsy-bitsy kind-of-way, I was brought a little comfort in him receiving the same boy-then-girl results as I did. Maybe this deployment will be fine and he'll come home safely to us early next year.
2 June 2017: National Donut Day
What can I say? It was National Donut Day so we got some free donuts!
Apartment Tour Next Week!
Pictures of our place are ready to upload but blogger is being a bugger and my computer keeps freezing during the process. Not sure what's going on but that's the situation.
Week 13 Photos
![]() |
| Can you spot Canna and Champ in this photo? |
Week 13 Updates
1. Size of the baby? Baby is almost 3 inches long (about the length of a pea pod) and weighs nearly an ounce!
2. What's developing this week?
"Fingerprints are forming on your baby’s tiny fingertips, veins and
organs are clearly visible through baby's still-thin skin, and baby's body is
starting to catch up with its head – which makes up just a third of baby's body size now." (Courtesy of Babycenter.com)
3. Current weight? 122. Up two pounds from last week. Total gained: 5 pounds.
4. Movement? Nope.
5. Sleep? Between the indigestion, nausea and Trevor's occasional snoring (lol), I've been having a hard time falling asleep.
6. Symptoms?
- Period-like cramps early on in the week; uterus stretching. Still no spotting.
- Achy legs and headaches.
- I took half of a regular-strength Tylenol one day this week and it helped with the leg pain, although my heart raced afterwards. This is a normal reaction for me after taking Acetaminophen; hence why I tried a half-dose.
- Mental Note: If I need to take it again during this pregnancy, I will try a quarter dose first.
- Way more hormonal for a few days this week. I have been upset and angry over insignificant occurrences.
- Indigestion (upper belly burning and subsequent burping) and nausea after taking prenatal vitamin at night.
- Increase in energy.
- Increase nasal congestion, as per last week as well.
- Extreme bloating after eating. Belly really popped out after I had a big lunch this week:
![]() |
| Major bloated belly after lunch! |
![]() |
| Trevor kept snapping pictures so I decided to strike a beautiful & graceful pose. |
7. Cravings and Aversions? Craving corn bread and tomatoes (not together, ew). Biggest aversion is still to frozen meals, specifically Lean Cuisine. Trevor and I passed through the frozen meal section and, it sounds dramatic, but I dry-heaved a few times. Interesting because there has been a recent recall on select frozen meals due to listeria. God's looking out for this baby!
8. Best moment this week? Having gyros and baklava for lunch with Trevor at a local Greek place in town. Then going shopping for maternity clothes at Target.
9. Prayer requests?
-Please pray for safe travels for Trevor as he drives the whole 1,000+ trek from here to Los Angeles, California. He's heading there to finish up the cat's shed. He's done a lot so far but has decided to add in a window, insulation, dry wall, laminate flooring and much more. My mom plans to use the room as a gym once the we move out so Trevor has decided to take his time in nicely finishing it for her.
-Please also pray for guidance in what direction we should take once Trevor returns home from the deployment. We have a few opportunities, and the decision has been weighing heavily on me this week.
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? I'm looking forward to catching up with some of my friends. And I've got lots of packing to do!






No comments:
Post a Comment