Suppose I took my DHA prenatal too late again but honestly, I was still full from dinner! Thought I was in the clear. If you're newly pregnant and find that you're sensitive to DHA, don't take this stuff. If you're interested, these don't make me sick so maybe they'll work for you too.
On the plus side of things, we booked our babymoon! In 2010, we celebrated our honeymoon in San Diego and now we're heading back before baby arrives. We're so excited! Dustin, Anna and their babies will be joining us for one day while we're there so we can all explore Sea World together.
19 June 2017: FoCo Apartment Move-Out Day! + Road Trip to California!
It's been a crazy week! On Monday we turned in the keys to our Fort Collins apartment, loaded up the jeep with only the essentials, set up our extra large cage in the backseat, then hit the highway heading west towards Los Angeles! I had planned to take a few pictures of the apartment once it was empty but honestly, I was ready to move on--literally. Once I had the chance to snap a few shots of the place the thought slipped my mind. We've got memories there and that's all I care to hold onto.
But, for those of you who asked for it, here ya go. An (almost) empty-apartment tour!
![]() |
| Zelda & Champ (and Canna's eye) watching Trevor load up the jeep. |
![]() |
| My favorite magnet :) Just thought you should know. |
Trevor was awake for over 24 hours before our final walk-through so I drove Monday and he picked up the rest of the trek on Tuesday. We assumed we might make it into Los Angeles Wednesday morning but luckily we got in Tuesday night. We've slept in our car during road trips before but being pregnant changes everything. My back throbbed and my legs ached from sitting too long. The cramps I had after lunch on Tuesday weren't pleasant either.
Other than stopping for gas, we pulled over a few times along the way to view the sights although we often didn't take pictures. I enjoyed those brief little moments with Trevor. Utah, Arizona and Nevada had blistering temperatures so a quick 5-10 minute break was all we needed to rejuvenate ourselves. Plus, how can you not stop when you see incredible views?
![]() |
| Bye-bye Colorado. |
![]() |
| For you Star Wars Nerds, enjoy! |
21 June 2017: Coles Cats ---> California
Cats have been adjusting pretty well to their new home. Trevor and I are still actively upgrading the cabin to fit our needs but things are coming along. They enjoy being on the second floor (loft) and so far it's been an easy transition for everyone.
22 June 2017: Public Announcement of Baby's Gender!
With the gender reveal party last Saturday, we chose to publicly announce that we're expecting a baby boy on Thursday! I suppose there's many ways we could've shared the news but, as you know, this picture represents a blissful day for us. We stick with what's authentic to us; individually and as a couple. We're just two mountain-junkies who love spending quality time together! No fancy pictures needed. This moment was enough.
23 June 2017: Hormones or Circumstance?
Not gonna lie, Friday was rough. Most days I'm a go-with-the-flow kinda girl but I had a long to-do list for Friday. At 8am I was ready for the day, meanwhile Trevor (after spontaneously beginning several "little projects") wasn't ready to leave the house until 12:30pm! By the time we made it to the Air Force on-base clinic they had closed for the day. It was only 1pm and it turns out they closed at noon. Who closes at noon?! The military.
I was livid. Plus, my intention was to be finished with all of our errands by noon so we could spend the rest of the day with my mom who had requested a half-day at work to be with us. By the time we got home she was resting and we didn't want to disturb her.
Emotionally, I was a mess. I cried and lashed out. It was very hard to calm myself down, especially when I knew the issue was much deeper. Friday represents the end of the week... One more week down, just a precious few remain.
Anger is a funny thing. It makes you feel in control but only exemplifies a complete loss of control. Putting up walls doesn't make things easier, it only builds regret. In those moments I want to slow down time. I want to stop him from leaving. And when I realize I can't stop him, I fantasize about going with him. It's a tough feeling to have, especially while pregnant. These real feelings are magnified by the hormones of pregnancy which makes all of this almost too much to bear.
After taking some time for myself, I prayed; I had lost sight of my blessings. Then I took a nap. All of these things helped tremendously.
Talked with my mom later that night and she explained, "It's the hormones, Jacq! It's the hormones." But it's not just that. It's the circumstance. It's my husband leaving possibly never to return. It's him missing the second-half of our first pregnancy. It's knowing he'll miss the birth of our son. It's not being able to make the days I have with him longer and the days without him shorter. It's all of these things and more. And there's nothing I can do about it. That's what it is.
24 June 2017: Logan & Lindsay's Birthday Party
Thankfully Saturday was much more enjoyable. Our niece and nephew celebrated their birthdays together and it was fun to spend time with Trevor's family. I love seeing him play with his brothers, in only a way full-grown men can. Their history enables them to play as little boys would: laughing together, wrestling, punching and teasing each other, haha. He's close with both of them and I'm glad they spent the day together. And of course, we spent time with the little ones in our family tree! You may remember this little red-headed cutie, our nephew Jacob!
![]() |
| Trevor, his younger brother Dustin and their eldest brother Casey. |
Krispy Kremes are a California must-have and ooooooooh, we've missed them! So after the party we drove to Gardena to pick up a few. We did not intend to buy a whole dozen, I swear. One thing led to another and yeah. No regrets.
Week 16 Photos
| FYI: This avocado is only 4" long. Couldn't find a bigger one. |
Week 16 Updates
1. Size of the baby? 4.5" long and weighs about 3.5 ounces; about the size of an avocado!
2. What's developing this week?
4. Movement? Sometimes I think I can feel flutters.
5. Sleep? I don't wake up to pee every night but some nights I wake up 2-3 times.
6. Symptoms?
- Thirsty.
- Boob pain is back.
- Round ligament pain.
- Officially starting to show! But really only when I'm wearing a dress.
- Occasional back pain and light cramping.
- Before I get out of bed in the morning I usually have a noticeable bump "sitting" on top of my belly. It's in-between my belly button and pubic bone and it's big enough to cup with one hand.
- Urge to pee during the day has increased dramatically.
- One massive emotional day last week. Was it hormonal or circumstantial? You be the judge.
- Honorable mention: Trevor has started referring to himself as "daddy" in the third person narrative. He will sometimes call me "mommy."
7. Cravings and Aversions? Craving donuts earlier in the week but I'm pretty sure that's just me, not the baby. But we'll just blame it on the baby. ;) Aversion to meat is less although still prevalent.
8. Best moment this week? Walking around Ikea and eating Swedish meatballs with Trevor. And each morning that Trevor kisses my belly to say hello to the baby:
9. Prayer requests? Please pray:
- That God would guide me in how to stay close to Trevor while still letting go.
- For the next few weeks to be enjoyable. And that we would embrace the time we have left.
- For adjusting to living here.



















No comments:
Post a Comment