Now that we've arrived in California and are settling in I finally have time to update you guys! Side-note: I am exhausted! It's been non-stop go-go-go around here and I still feel like my head is spinning. Everyone's doing good though and Trevor and I are grateful to be starting this next chapter of our lives near family.
It was an emotional week, let me tell you. Between seeing the baby again via a 14-week ultrasound, heavy cramping and back pain and the emotional process of moving... it's felt like a long week. While Trevor was still away I found an old journal of his (we've read through it together a few times before so don't think I'm snooping!) but reading it this past week somehow hit me differently than before. I blame pregnancy hormones. He started writing in it a few months before we met and would periodically update it. He was sweet and surprisingly only wrote good things about me! 😂😂😂
But he also mentions some tough times his family went through and it's clear he carried a lot of burden on his shoulders back then. Between the two of us, I'm the more expressive one so it's refreshing to literally read his mind. His journals are like time-capsules to relive those early moments in our relationship and, although it's a bit painful to read, I cherish them.
12 June 2017: Braxton Hicks Contractions and Severe Back Pain
Early Monday morning I woke up to excruciating back pain and stomach cramping. It was awful! My instinct was to run to the bathroom because I was sure I was miscarrying. In that moment I tried to think of how I would get myself to the hospital because Trevor was still away in California.
Thankfully, no blood. Very quickly I peed, washed my hands and ran back to bed to lie down. Within a few seconds I was fine--pain was completely gone. The same incident happened the next night during which Trevor was home, thankfully. Once it became clear the BH contractions were a result of dehydration and a full bladder, adjustments were made. I've been so busy packing and moving boxes that my water in-take has suffered greatly.
14 June 2017: OBGYN Appt + 2nd Ultrasound (14w3d) + Trevor's DNA Test Results
On Wednesday we met Dr. Karen Hayes who, if we weren't moving to California tomorrow, would have assisted in the delivery of our baby boy! Not gonna lie, appointment felt a little unnecessary once she discovered we were moving in less than a week but we made good use of the time. I spoke with her about the cramps I had been having among other questions I was saving specifically for her. All-in-all it was a helpful visit. Due to my minor scoliosis, she recommends I ask my next OB for a PT referral and a maternity belt so I will look into that when the time comes.
In an odd twist of fate, we were able to see the baby again! Thanks cramps, I really appreciate it.
He's filled out more since the last ultrasound and, much like the first time we saw him, he's still an active little guy. Without fail, whenever the technician stopped moving the wand the baby kicked out his legs as if he was pushing off against my uterine wall. Heartbeat was 154 and he's still looking great. Trevor filmed the appointment again so I'll post it here as soon as it finishes processing!
Earlier that morning we got the follow-up call from my midwife regarding Trevor's genetic testing results. Turns out he's not a carrier for Spinal Muscular Atrophy so baby boy will not have SMA, although he could be a carrier of it like I am.
17 June 2017: Gender Reveal Party & Fort Collins Baby Shower
By Saturday we were feeling pretty tired and a bit stressed. Didn't realize we owned so much stuff! We made several trips to the Goodwill and Arc Thrift Store to donate what we couldn't sell to pawn shops. Moving forward I want to work on living simpler and with less material stuff around us.
With that said, the party was a much needed (temporary) escape from the boxes and chaos in our apartment. We had our closest friends there, many of whom are already parents. We're so glad we made the time to spend with them before we move! It was so worth it.
Trevor had filled the balloons full of varying shades of blue for the gender reveal but this idea ended up being a huge fail! On the way to Emily's house one of the balloons popped and paint burst all over the canvas and other balloons. There was no salvaging it but we all had a good laugh over it. Thankfully Emily bought some confetti poppers (which came with bags of blue and pink confetti) so we used those to reveal to our friends that we're expecting a little boy!
18 June 2017: Movers + Trevor's First Father's Day!
Sunday morning I went to King Sooper's to pick up a 4" orange for this week's posting, but I felt like a straight-up crazy woman pulling out my measuring tape to size-up oranges at the grocery store. I had to do it guys, we've got a theme going so I couldn't not do it. While I was there I remembered it was Father's Day so I spent a bit of time trying to find Trevor a sweet little gift to celebrate. I only had a few bucks in hand so I picked out donuts for each us and bought him two $1 lotto scratchers. We don't usually play the lottery but he enjoys picking up a few scratchers every once in awhile and so I went with it. It was his day so, ya know, gotta go with what he likes! Both tickets combined... he won $16! Later that night I ordered a pizza so it's safe to say he thoroughly enjoyed his very first Father's Day.
Week 15 Photos
Week 15 Updates
1. Size of the baby? Baby measures 4" from crown to rump and weighs about 2.5 ounces (about the size of an apple or navel orange).
2. What's developing this week?
3. Current weight? 124. Up one pound from last week.
4. Movement? Nope, just pressure on my right side.
5. Sleep? Other than waking up from cramps and back pain, it's been good. Cannot lay on my side this week.
6. Symptoms?
- Pubic bone pain all week.
- Emotional; Crying while reading an old journal of Trevor's.
- Three instances of Braxton Hicks.
- Fatigue while packing--had to take breaks often.
7. Cravings and Aversions? Craved the Original Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A. No new aversions.
8. Best moment this week? Seeing the baby again and going out to lunch with my husband afterwards.
9. Prayer requests? That the cats would cope and adjust well to the move.
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? Moving forward.




No comments:
Post a Comment