The new sensation this week was feeling kicks towards my back; however, it's not as frequent as the belly kicks. And unfortunately, he will still occasionally press down on a nerve and it's painful. Hopefully as he grows he won't sit so slow on my pelvis. A mama can dream, right? Additionally, the intermittent heartburn has turned into GERD. Most nights I just deal with it but I took two Tums once this week otherwise sleep was not happening.
Much like the week prior, I spent a few days cleaning and organizing with energy to spare while others were consumed with the need to rest. My pregnant body is vastly different than my pre-pregnancy self and I have to admit, some days I push the limits of what this new, temporary body can handle. Athletically speaking, the 1st trimester took a lot out of me and so now that I'm feeling good I often overdo it. I need to learn balance but it feels so good to exercise that I don't want to stop earlier than I'm used to.
So I was thiiiiiiis close π to accomplishing goal #5, which was to take a calligraphy class. After some consideration, I opted to save money and just order some supplies and watch calligraphy tutorials on Youtube instead. We'll see how well this turns out because I don't have great handwriting. Granted, I write fast and don't put effort into my penmanship so maybe I'll have a chance to do well if I actually try. We'll see!
So far, the Mama Natural Birth Class is going well! I've learned a lot and have implemented many of her suggestions. The biggest thing she's insisting on (which I will not be following), is to hire a doula. Tricare won't cover the cost of one and Los Angeles doulas run about $1200. I just can't bring myself to commit to that but I have plans to have support with me for the delivery and of course, God will provide.
If you're interested, I'll update you guys with my overall impression of the course once I complete it!
Update on Trevor: First Time Dad Book ✔️ + Long-Distance Communication
A friend of ours gifted Trevor First Time Dad to read while overseas and he recently finished it. For those of you who are interested in books for first-time dads, Trevor would not recommend this one. He says the author's ideas aren't anything most guys haven't heard and/or common sense. What we've found helpful is having Trevor take the online birth course along with me. So far he's enjoyed the practical advice and he's attaining ways of assisting me during labor. Although he'll be supporting me from afar, we're working towards him sharing words of encouragement and suggesting various positions, etc, if he feels called to do so.
Communication looks different for us for now. It's a blessing we get to connect most days! A couple of weeks ago, the internet for the entire base shut down and we couldn't communicate for a few days. He usually calls me during his workouts at the gym and after work while he's hanging out in the dayroom. Receiving a call or text from him brightens my day, even if it's just to say, "Hi baby, thinking of you." It's moments like these that instill gratefulness in me. Being separated is so very hard on both of us, and yet this experience is strengthening our relationship. It's renewing, in a way. It's a powerful thing.
![]() |
| Hydrate! |
![]() |
| π |
![]() |
| On the elliptical. |
![]() |
| Skyping with the belly. And maybe me too. |
Trevor sent home this little Dr. Seuss book and a video of him reading it. It's meant to be read to the baby while in utero and it's such a sweet gift for our boy.
Random Photos From The Week
![]() |
| Couch shopping with Katie! |
![]() |
| Picking up some more toffe-ettes from See's! It's the only thing he's requesting from home. Other than McChickens... |
![]() |
| Trader Joes, I'll take them all. |
![]() |
| No wonder the Jeep wouldn't start... |
![]() |
| Thanks for the dress, Cristina! |
Week 23 Photos
Week 23 Updates
1. Size of the baby? Baby measures 11.4 inches from head to foot and weighs
1.1 pounds, as big as a grapefruit! Yep, baby’s almost a foot long, and is finally able to be
weighed in pounds!
3. Current weight? 137. +1lb from last week; +20lbs pre-pregnancy.
4. Movement? Just a little. ;)
5. Sleep? It's been rough, guys. I wasn't much of a back-sleeper pre-pregnancy but now it's the only position my body seems to want. While asleep, I'll roll onto my back and have trouble breathing within minutes. Sleeping on my right side causes pain in my right piriformis, and sleeping on my left side isn't comfortable... It sucks. I did invest in a wedge pillow but so far it's nothing special.
6. Symptoms?
- GERD symptoms earlier in the week but less often towards the end.
- Felt tightness underneath my belly button; skin stretching.
- A little bit of breast tenderness has returned.
- Occasional fatigue.
- After walking a lot, my booty is throbbing! It's been this way since getting pregnant and has yet to diminish.
7. Cravings and Aversions? Craving chocolate chip pancakes from IHOP. Now that I've mentioned it, are you too? :P
![]() |
| image source: ihop.com |
8. Best moment this week? Going shopping with my mom and picking up a few things for the baby.
9. Prayer requests?
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? 3-Year anniversary of my baptism on 17 August! It's my little anniversary with God. Back in Fort Collins, I would drive up to Horsetooth and find a secluded area to worship alone but now that I'm home I think I'll venture somewhere that overlooks the ocean.- Once again, prayer for my family would be much appreciated! It's been a rough night.
- Prayer for Champ's UTI. So far, so good but we'll see what happens this week as the second round of antibiotics fizzle out.
















No comments:
Post a Comment