Sweet Pea, Apple of My Eye!![]() |
| 🍎 Donning the special onesie David wore to visit Grandmama at work! 🍎 |
During the week, this song came to mind while I nursed David. Singing the lyrics reminds me of the craving for apples I often had during my pregnancy. Sappy sidenote: Trevor often calls me "pea" short for "sweet pea." Although for the last week or so he's unintentionally called David "pea"--perhaps I'm now the pea pod? Ha, either way, David will always be the apple of my eye. 😉🍎
At the risk of sounding like the stereotypical dotting parent, I just have to admit... I honestly think my baby is the cutest, smartest, sweetest, most easy-going, funniest little guy I've ever met. And all I have left to say is... I finally get it. All the mommies and daddies out there that scoff at pictures at other people's kids and think to themselves, my kid is cuter--I'm with you. Trevor and I are constantly marveling at how beautiful our son is. We're graciously surprised at how easy-going and patient (for a baby) he has been. How did we get so lucky? If you're looking for Trevor and I, clearly we're still lost in an abyss of baby bliss so--good luck finding us.
21 February 2018: Emergencyroom Visit (12w1d old)
The last few days my legs have become increasingly achey. With no other accompanying symptoms, I scoured Google for answers. Bad idea. Postpartum blood clots often coincide with leg pain so I checked myself into the emergencyroom, just to be safe. Ultrasounds on my both my legs offered no sign of a bloodclot. Two days later I realized the leg pain indicated I had caught a cold. And then little Davey caught the cold later in the week.
22 February 2018: David Visits Grandmama at Work! (12w2d old)
My mom has been pestering me to visit her hospital since she day #1 of returning to work after David's arrival. Her coworkers showered Trevor and I with support during the pregnancy and some have continued to send gifts and hand-me-downs. As much as I wanted to have her friends meet David, my priority was to protect him against exposure to illness. So Trevor and I agreed to hold off visiting her until after David's 2-month round of vaccinations.
And because it wasn't yet apparent that I was sick (I brushed off the leg pain as a sign of stress), we surprised mom during lunch. She beamed with pride as she picked David up from the stroller and showed him to all of her friends. His bright smile lit up the room and according to her coworkers, we brought "baby therapy" to the hospital, haha. They loved talking with him and a few of them heard David shout "mem!" which sounds a lot like "mom."
"Oh, that's it! He's not even 2 months old and already saying 'mom'!"
He smiled for everyone, as he always does. Mom's coworkers shook their heads in disbelief, "You guys don't know how lucky you are. He's so mellow!"
After lunch, mom's close friend brought me into her office to talk about my postpartum recovery. I told her I'm still dealing with pain but it seems to be improving overall. She's urging me to make an appointment with a pelvic health physical therapist as she swears her PT was a miracle worker in reducing her pain--even 7 years later! I'll be discussing this with Dr. Friedman soon.
That night we had dinner with mom at Norm's. Here's the progression of David's conversation with my mom (in photos):
![]() |
| 💜 |
Love these three:
23 February 2018: (12w3d old)
24 February 2018: Lunch with Dustin & Anna (and their kiddos) + David's Stuffy Nose (12w4d old)
![]() |
| Morning snuggles with Grandmama |
![]() |
| Chillin with his cousin |
![]() |
| All 7 of us :) |
![]() |
| Using the nosefrida. |
![]() |
| Poor little guy dealing with his first cold. |
25 February 2018: (12w5d old)
![]() |
| Nasal aspirators + saline spray & wipes = Godsend. |
![]() |
| Smiles although stuffy |
26 February 2018: A Special Pillow (12w6d old)
Since Trevor's returned home, the three of us go on a lot of outings. In turn, David ends up laying in his bassinet on the stroller, thus resting against the back of his head for long stretches of time. Feeling a bit concerned about him developing a flatspot, I purchased a pillow intended to treat plagiocephaly.
So far we've placed it down for his morning nap and anytime he's riding in the stroller. We do not use it overnight as he will roll off of it and wake himself up.
27 February 2018: 13 Weeks Old!
































No comments:
Post a Comment