Tuesday, September 18, 2018

42 Weeks Old

Counting down! Only 10 weeks left until little one's birthday!

We enjoyed time with Trevor's family this week as his parents and sister drove down for Desiree's birthday.  Seeing David interact with his grandpa is a precious sight!  Kissing baby toes is a favorite hobby for Grandpa - and he's so fun to watch as he excitedly, yet tenderly, plays with Bubs.  From insisting on being the one to push David on the swing set, to holding his hand while gazing at our son, Grandpa's nurturing spirit fills my heart with joy.

Once Trevor's brothers and families left, Grandpa grew quieter.  I often looked over at him starring at David and sweetly rubbing the bottoms of his tiny feet.  "You're just so... pretty."  Grandpa says with a serious, although endearing tone.  "Beautiful, beautiful baby!"

Marrying my kind-hearted, loving & gentle man has it's extra-special perks.  And generationally speaking, I'm thankful to raise my son to know such strength - that is, the strength of gentleness.  The power of kindness.  The cascading, overwhelming, life-giving multitude of tender-hearted men of the Spirit who carry with them the love of Christ so deeply that they can't help but exude love in everything they do.

This wasn't how I was raised and I hadn't known this kind of man before.  Redemption is real, and it's happening in my own story.  My son inherits the hard work of all the strong men who came before him.  He'll know the power of all the qualities the world would deem as weak - and I pray these are the characteristics that anchor his being.


Wednesday, 12 September 2018:  



Thursday, 13 September 2018:  David 💙's Water 






















Saturday, 15 September 2018:  Auntie Des' Birthday + Family Get-Together at Entradero Park

























Sunday, 16 September 2018:  Beloved Everywhere











Monday, 17 September 2018:


Enjoying his Florida momento from Auntie Anna





























Tuesday, 18 September 2018:  42 Weeks Old! + Fighting a Slight Fever
















+















































No comments:

Post a Comment