Friday, September 28, 2018

TEN Months Old

1-0!  Double digits!

David's 10 Month Update
  • Weighs:  Measures:
  • In size 4 diapers, 12-month sleepers and 9-month shirts and shorts/pants.
  • Loves to "dance off" with us.  If we dance a bit and abruptly stop, he'll shake his little body while laughing then suddenly stop.  We'll pick up thereafter and the cycle continues on and on...
  • Shares his food and finds it hilarious when we take a bite.  Sometimes he fakes us out which is equally hilarious. 
  • Dislikes it if we don't share our food with him - which, of course we do most days but he has caught us sneaking a bite of a cookie or chocolate bar so we've learned to save our Oreo binges for after his bedtime.
  • Speaking of food, he eats so much!  We're still breastfeeding but man, this guy can chow down.  Alternatively, I'm finding my optimal time for eating is when I'm scooping up the jumbled scraps from his meal and quickly shoveling them into my mouth while daddy gives D a bath.  Don't judge me.
  • Walks along furniture.  Likes to stand.  Recently, we picked up a walker to give him more opportunities for walking as we don't have much furniture in the room.
  • He's still a mountain climber.  
  • After turning 9 months old he primarily crawls on all 4's and uses his knees.
  • Spends most of his time pointing his little index finger to his heart's content.  It's really cute for now.
  • David has a lot to say these days!  Most consistent words:
    • Dada (99% of the time 🙄) & Mama, Mom, Mommy selectively... while he's crying
    • Hey, Hi
    • Yeah
    • Book
    • Dog, Doggie
    • Baba (for his water bottle)
    • Less consistently:  All done, done, good, Jacqui, car and cat
  • Has 6 teeth!  4 on top, 2 on the bottom.  
  • Favorite foods:  Beef tongue, cod fish, banana and croissants. 
  • Loves to sit on momma's lap.  Perfectly fine by me!  Also, he likes to show me all of the things. Ever.  Every single toy or thing in existence must be held directly in front of my face where I can see it very well.

















Mommy's 10-Month Postpartum Update

Body
Weight-wise, I have probably gained a few pounds.  Honestly, I have no idea.  I haven't checked.

Ever since breaking my pinkie toe, the exercise is pretty minimal.  Although I'll occasionally do squats if I think of it, and I have a habit of dancing in the shower like a weirdo so... that's my cardio for now.

Breastfeeding my sweet bubby looks much different than when he and I first embarked on this journey together.  Picture this (warning, you might not actually want to picture this):  I'm on all fours.  Like a dang cow.  He's beneath me.  Yeah, ever since that bout of clogged ducts, we nurse this way.  It works for us but it's not helpful for our mommy+me time.  While he stars blankly at the ceiling, my body crosses over his as I'm crouched over him.  It's not the picturesque form of breastfeeding and at this rate we'll never be on a how-to-properly-nurse pamphlet, but we're making this work because I sure as heck don't want clogged ducts ever again.

But because of this new position, little bubs is distracted by having both boobs near him.  He pops off one boob as he reaches for the other and pulls it towards his mouth.  Then, about a minute or so later, he'll pop off again and switch boobs once more.  It's a never-ending cycle until he's finished nursing.  It's a bit tough on me because he interrupts the letdown in each breast but I allow him to take the lead.  Most days, I wear a bra to prevent this, but every now and then it happens.


Mind+Spirit
Emotionally speaking, I've been struggling.  I'm filled with anger at times, usually at night.  There's a lot of details involved which are hard to share while respecting my family's privacy at the same time.

The truth is, I hate to complain as it's not the most constructive activity for change.  Albeit, this is my little corner of the internet - my safe haven self-expression.  Basically, this is me and I'm doing my best to find meaning within the mayhem.

By and large, my current experience is relatively unrelatable.  While I don't wish for others to share my struggle, it would be nice to feel heard.  And then, most often, I find it difficult to even speak about the burdens weighing me down.

And not to get preachy (although you know I'm good for it!), I turn to God because He knows me.  He knows the rough patches I'm going through physically, mentally, emotionally... all of it.  And He has amazingly reduced my stress immensely!  At times I can sense He's inviting me to surrender this stress completely to Him and I've discovered that I don't know how.  But maybe starting tomorrow I will.

On that note let's just say...

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment