Sunday, July 2, 2017

17 Weeks

San Diego, here we come!  Hopefully, by the time you're reading this we'll be exploring Old Town San Diego State Park, Balboa Park or heading back to San Diego Embarcadero to reenact this honeymoon picture we took 7 years ago!

We didn't have a fancy camera back then.  On our drive down to SD, we stopped into a CVS to buy an old school disposable!  We have only a few pictures from our honeymoon, but oddly enough we appreciate that.  We weren't busy taking pictures, we were living!  What isn't pictured remains as Kodak moments that are safely stored inside our memories.

And maybe this one too, we'll see...

With only one week until we're 4-months pregnant, Trevor and I are looking forward to a fun, relaxing babymoon trip and trust me, we need it. 

July is here, and you can guess why I'm not too happy about it.  This is the month Trevie deploys and the anticipation has been so hard on us.  It's a struggle not to cry every time I really think about him leaving.  Needless to say, it's been another tough week for us.  Overall, it's enjoyable but emotions run high on Fridays.  Perhaps once Trevor leaves Fridays will shift from being a negative day to a positive day; one-more-week-down celebration instead of a painful reminder of our time slipping away.

We're stepping into our last few days together and I'm a mess.  We've counted out the days and weeks he'll be gone and doing so somehow brings me a bit of comfort.  Albeit, this will change if his unit gets extended.  Please join us in praying that his unit will not be extended.   Sincerely, it would mean the world to us.

26 June 2017:  Dealing with Military Insurance  |  California Edition
So I, once again, had to prove to the military that I'm pregnant.  In order to begin receiving coverage here in California, Tricare West sent me to the Los Angeles Air Force Base to take a pregnancy test.  Later that same day I received a call from the head nurse:

"Mrs. Coles, your pregnancy test results are in and it's positive."
"Well that's good, seeing as how I'm 16-weeks pregnant."
"Oh, you already knew?  Okay good!"

Bad news is Torrance Memorial Hospital does not accept Tricare, so little boy will not be born at his daddy's hospital.  A referral has been submitted for me to receive an OBGYN in my area and according to the Tricare customer service reps, there are a lot of providers in Redondo Beach.  So perhaps we'll be at Little Company of Mary.  I've heard great things about that hospital and it's very close to home so hopefully it's an option for us.

29 June 2017:  Week-in-Review + Trevor's Mom & Sister Come To Town
Most of our week was spent hitting up our favorite eateries--we can't help it!  If this deployment is anything like his time away during training then I will rarely spend money and hardly go out-to-eat.  Granted, I'm here with lots of friends and family (and I'm pregnant!) so I doubt the experiences will be exactly the same but nonetheless, I'm sure my extra spending will be minimal.  Which is fantastic because we're using this deployment to our advantage financially by paying off debts and saving as much $$$ as we can! 

Even still, all of it is worth it.  Our time together is limited and I want to soak up as much of it at our favorite places as I can.

On Thursday, Sabrina (Trevor's mom) and Desiree (his sister) drove down from San Miguel to spend the day with us.  We had a lot of fun with them and Trevor was so excited to see them again before he takes off.  We had lunch, went to the theater to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 5:  Dead Men Tell No Tales, walked around the Del Amo Mall a bit and ended the day flying kites on the shores of our favorite beach.


Week-In-Review Pictures:
A handyman's work is never finished!
Cruising past the dog park on 190th.
An Air Force uniform for our little man's teddy bear!  Teddy bear already outranks daddy. 

30 June 2017:  Felt Baby Boy Move!
Early Friday morning I was laying in bed while eating cereal.  While resting the bowl on top of my belly I felt pressure where my belly met the bowl, if that makes sense.  There was a rolling sensation.  Trevor ran over and as I lifted up the bowl Trevor placed his hand on my belly.  We could both feel the bulge of the baby which, as I mentioned before, you can kinda cup with one hand.  My belly was super hard as if we were feeling baby's back, although we're not sure.  As Trevor briefly rested his hand there we both felt the baby move away (probably got annoyed with us touching him, hah!).   It was so incredible!  So grateful that Trevor has had a few instances of feeling the baby move! 

Week 17 Photos

Week 17 Updates
1.  Size of the baby?  Baby is 5.1" long and weighs about 5.9 ounces!  About the size of a pomegranate (or turnip).
2.  What's developing this week?

3.  Current weight? 130!  Total weight-gain so far:  13 pounds.
I've officially crossed into 130 and I gotta say, at first it felt a little daunting to see that number.  Obviously, I'm not too concerned with weight (never have been), as long as I'm healthy.  It's just a two-second adjustment of a 29-year-old brain that's used to seeing much lower numbers, that's all.  My body's changing and that's pretty dang exciting!
4.  Movement?  Yes!!!  Bubbles popping; rolling sensations.
5.  Sleep?  This week I woke up 1-2 times to pee. 
6.  Symptoms?
  • Very tired earlier in the week!  Baby supposedly had a large growth spurt.
  • Fridays are emotionally tough days for me.
  • Dry eyes.
  • Increased appetite.
  • Itchy boobs and belly.  Hence the scratch on my left side in the update photos!
  • Dizzy from laying on back.  Need to switch to laying on side.
  • Heartburn.
7.  Cravings and Aversions?  Craving anything sweet:  Chocolate, donuts, pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream.  Walked through the frozen food aisle and the aversion to frozen meals wasn't as strong but still slightly an issue.
8.  Best moment this week?  Feeling the baby move together.
9.  Prayer requests?  Just strength from the Lord for this week and next week especially.  Thank you :)
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week?  San Diego Babymoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment