Sunday, July 9, 2017

18 Weeks /// \ 4 Months!

 *Update*  Thank you all so much for being patient with me!  The last few days have been an adjustment and I'm working hard to keep myself busy; basically to distract myself for now.  I'm surprised with how well I'm handling things, but I'm fully aware emotionally-hard days are up ahead.

We're officially four months pregnant!  Sadly, today is the last day we get to spend together before Trevor ships out tomorrow.  It's been a good day, we had lunch with his brother Dustin and my sister-in-law/BFF Anna, and then we took a few pictures together as our own little maternity shoot.  My baby bump is noticeable now, well at least to us.  I'm sure those that don't know me would just assume I'm pudgy!  Praising God the baby has been active enough for Trevor to feel him move and kick... a lot!  While resting his hand on my belly he has felt the baby directly kick his palm!  Makes me so happy that my husband has experienced our baby in this way.

As mentioned, Trevor and I selected a name for this little babe.  All-in-all, we've been holding onto this name for about a year and God has given us little indications along the way that this is our son's name.

Are you curious as to what it is?  I love name reveals!  Hope you enjoy.  :)


So here's the backstory.

About 5 years ago when we first moved to Colorado, in my alone time with God I expressed how excited I was to someday become a mommy, God-willing.  In that moment I felt the Lord respond that we would find our son's name in His Holy love letter; the bible.  Up to that point we had a few names we liked, none of which were biblical.  After that event I started searching through the bible just to look for names for our future son, haha, but none really stood out.  Looking back, it's interesting that the Lord indicated we would have a son, at the time I didn't assume we would have a boy first.

Fast-forward to Christmastime a few years later, Trevor and I read chapter 2 of the book of Luke, as per a tradition we started while dating.  Reading that passage and imagining the depth of the angelic announcement of the Messiah's birth, the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, the beauty of our Savior humbly wrapped in swaddling clothes being worshiped by faithful men from all around acknowledging the good news, I can't help but be moved in my spirit.  One year in particular, a name in that section stood out to me.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:10-11

I looked to Trevor after repeating the name a few times in my head.  Unlike most names I suggest, he actually liked this one!  And Trevor is tough to please when it comes to baby names... that little bugger!  Okay, so maybe Dexter wasn't my best suggestion. ;)

Once we found out we were pregnant we started at ground-zero with names, just to get a feel for what the Lord was encouraging us to choose for this baby.  As you know, we flew home to California in April to announce the pregnancy to our families.  After sharing the news with Trevor's family at the pier, we ventured towards the shore to see the waves and walk along the sand.  Trevor and his sister Desiree chose to walk to the water while his parents and I stayed back to chat.  

From afar we could see them goofing around together, walking in and out of the water and writing in the sand.  Just for memory's sake I snapped a few pictures of them and they took a few of their own.  At the time I hadn't thought to ask him what they wrote and neither of them offered to tell us.

A few weeks later, after finding out we're having a boy, I looked through Trevor's phone for pictures for the blog.  That's when I discovered these little jewels:


At the time, we had a few names we were mulling over but we hadn't decided on one yet--guys, we didn't even know we were having a boy!  It was the only name he wrote in the sand.  He didn't even write any of the girls name we were considering for good measure, just David.  Chills traveled over my body when I found the photo, for reals.  Right then I knew our son would be called David.  After matching it with my maiden name Wyatt, we were set.  He has a name!  Cool thing is, each name (including Coles) is 5-letters long which coincidentally, 5 is my favorite number. 

Another thing to mention, if I had been a boy my name would have been Andrew David.  Also, he'll likely be born in December which is when we celebrate the birth of Christ and read the account of Luke with, of course, the verses I mentioned earlier.  There's a lot of layers to our baby's name and I love that about it!

2-3 July 2017:  San Diego Babymoon | Balboa Park, Coronado Municipal Park & Seaworld!

After submitting last week's post, we hit the road towards San Diego!  To say it was a busy weekend in San Diego is a grave understatement.  Fourth of July weekend brought out a lot of people--it was so busy!  Balboa Park was our first stop and walking amongst the gorgeous historic architecture of San Diego brought back wonderful memories from our honeymoon.  When we visited back in December of 2010, there was almost nobody there!  It was a rainy holiday season and thankfully, we had the whole place to ourselves.  This visit was much more lively!  Musicians played in the streets, all the venues were open and we finally got to experience the vibrant, urban roots of San Diego.

Sorry, shaky camera work as usual.  I don't claim to be a good videographer!

We took it easy that day, just walking around and enjoying the atmosphere.  There's a lot to see in the museums, much of which we already viewed years ago.  If you're interested in stopping by Balboa Park, do it!  Be prepared to wait a bit for an open parking spot in the free-parking lot, bring some money for the museums and enjoy!


After Balboa Park, it was time for Municiple Beach!  Trevor carried me on his shoulders as we trekked through the city streets of 'Nado to reach Hotel Coronado.  This is the spot where the movie Some Like It Hot, featuring Marilyn Monroe, was filmed.

Later that day we checked-in to our on-base hotel room and then went out for dinner.
  
In the courtyard in front of Hotel Coronado!  Beach views directly in front of us.

Navy Lodge on base!
Ready to dive into our meals!

The next morning we met up with Trevor's brothers and their families at Seaworld!  Being pregnant, I couldn't go on any rides but Anna and I agreed to head back to Seaworld next year and go on all the rides together!  Trevor and I were able to get free tickets for ourselves and six other family members so we were happy to explore the park with family!  

Wet from the water slide, the three brothers are lined up; youngest to eldest.

Trevor, Dustin, Heather, Logan, Lindsay and Caitlyn.
Thanks for these shots, Anna!

It was a hot, sunny day in San Diego and we had a lot of fun!  Later on in the day, Trevor and I spent some time alone in the park.  We walked around the shops and picked up this little babymoon souvenir:

It's a little lovey and it comes with a rattle!  We had to get it.
Swaying to the beat of the live music show!
Our bellies ;)

In one of the shops I found a little Seaworld plaque that I plan on using as an ornament.  I love collecting meaningful ornaments!  In fact, I turned a little dream-catcher into an ornament that we bought from one of the museums at Balboa Park 7 years ago!  I'm reminded of these great memories every year when decorating the tree, and it's a beautiful thing!

4 July 2017:  The Making of Luke | David's Build-A-Bear Puppy
July 4th is the birthday of our great nation and the birthday of our little boy's teddy bear!  Or I should say, his plushie puppy.  Isn't it cute?!


The Making of Luke:  David's Plushie Puppy!

Anna gave us the idea to record David's heartbeat and place it in the teddy and we're so glad we did!  It's such a cool aspect of the stuffed animal--a real keepsake!  It's kinda hard to see in the video but Trevor wrote "Daddy" and I added "+ Mom" (Would have preferred to write "Mommy" but there was little room left!).  Trevor had the honor of stuffing the teddy with fluff.  The associate asked us each to make a wish and Trevor said he wished good health for the baby and I wished/prayed for his salvation; that he would come to know the Lord and be a faithful man of God.

We registered the bear that same day and had to choose a name for him.  We fought a bit on this because I wanted to name the puppy after David, but Trevor wanted it to have its own name.  The first name to come to Trevor's mind was Luke, and in that moment I remembered my favorite passage in Luke chapter 2.  And so we compromised and the little doggie's name is:

AKA "Luke"
"Luke" in his dress blues! ;)

It's as if God placed the name Luke on Trevor's heart to remind me of my alone-time spent with Jesus 5+ years ago.  In that moment, a flood of joy hit me as I recalled God's whispers to me: that we would someday have a baby, in fact a son, and I would find his name in God's word.  It's all so perfect (and I don't use that word often!) and wonderful.  Brings tears to my eyes as I think of how incredible God is and how special He makes every little thing in our lives.  His gifts are abundant and I cannot contain my admiration for our awesome God!

7 July 2017:  Securing an OBGYN at Little Company of Mary
Spent the day researching OBGYNs that accept Tricare and deliver at Little Company of Mary (Thanks for your help, Anna!).  It came down to only three choices, one of which was too far away.  So really, just two.  After I double-checked with Tricare, it turns out only one of those two actually accepts Tricare.  I called the doctor and explained we're a military family and he agreed to let me skype and film the birth for Trevor.  We're so fortunate for this.  Hopefully this promise stays true and Trevie can be a part of the birth!

9 July 2017:  Our Own Little Maternity Photoshoot
Along the cliffs overlooking Redondo Beach is where we set up our camera to take some quick shots of the belly and of us together.  Unless he's able to come home for the birth, this was our last day to get some priceless photos while I'm still pregnant with baby David.

 

And then our camera battery died so our cell phones came to the rescue!



Also, earlier in the day we took some pictures at Entradero Park, where Trevor grew up playing baseball with his brothers.  We used to sneak away to this park when we were dating to have some alone-time and make-out, haha!  There were many trees that played as witnesses to our humble beginnings.  One time his wrangler was parked there for so long that when we went back to the jeep we found a ticket for being parked there past park hours.


Week 18 Photos
Once again, pictured with an empty stomach.  Belly seems to double in size after eating breakfast.

Week 18 Updates
1.  Size of the baby?  Baby is 5.5 inches long and weighs about 7 ounces; about the size of a bell pepper!
2.  What's developing this week?

3.  Current weight? 132.  Trying to slowdown the weight gain by eating a bit better.
4.  Movement?  Yes!  So fun.
5.  Sleep?  Waking up to pee is so much fun.  Just kidding.
6.  Symptoms?
  • Tired.  Growing a baby is hard work.
  • Bit of back pain.
  • Hungry all the time.
  • Decrease in sex drive.
  • Boobs are popping out of my bra!  Need to stick to wearing sports bras to hold them down.
7.  Cravings and Aversions?  Same stuff.  Craving sweets and tomatoes. 
8.  Best moment this week?  So many to name!  I would say walking around Coronado at night as we looked for a place to eat was my favorite moment from the week.  We held hands, laughed a lot and it was a lively night to be out and about.
9.  Prayer requests?  That God would take care of my Trevie as he travels.
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week?  Doctor's appointment on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment