Sunday, July 30, 2017

21 Weeks

At 21-weeks pregnant, we are now officially closer to the end than to the beginning!  As my belly expands week by week, strangers are starting to acknowledge that I'm pregnant--which, without fail, brings a smile to my face.  Up until recently, it wasn't that way.  At 19 weeks pregnant, although I forgot to mention it, mom and I hung out with some neighbors at a block party.  A few folks knew I was pregnant because mom chats with them often, but others didn't.  So upon seeing me and hearing the news, many of them laughed that I did not appear pregnant, much less halfway through my pregnancy!  I still get the "Oh, are you pregnant?" and "Your belly looks like my post-Thanksgiving-dinner belly!" comments every so often.

However yesterday, mom took me to the Pasadena Bead & Design Show, and few brave folks ventured to guess I might be pregnant!  And at breakfast this morning, we were seated next to a couple and overheard the girl tell her boyfriend in Spanish, "That girl sitting near you is pregnant."  Side-note:  It's hilarious to be on this side of the fence, so to speak, where I get to watch others try to figure out if they should ask if I'm pregnant or not---I could just be oddly bloated, I suppose.  But once that bridge is crossed, it's fun to talk about the baby and hear other people's experiences.

Update on Trevor:  Trevor's First Night Off!
You guys are incredible!  Thank you for your continuous prayers--God is so good!  Trevor's supervisor took over the shop much sooner than anticipated and so he was granted one day off last week and it couldn't have come any sooner!  Trevor spent the night hanging out with friends at the outdoor bar venue (where bands sometimes perform) and catching up on some much needed sleep.  As mentioned, he's been struggling with sleep as he's been working 12-hour shifts since landing in Saudi Arabia a few weeks back.  He picked up a movie from the library and skyped with me while he watched the Corgi races (haha, Lena!) on TV.  Seeing him smile has brought me so much joy!  It's as if a weight has been lifted now that he's finally acclimating to his new location.   He's back to his funny, joking-self again and I am so very thankful to God.. and to all of you for praying for us!

Smiling while watching the Corgi races.

23 July 2017:  Deployment Goal #25 ✅ + Sharing 20-Week Milestone with FB Friends!
So after posting the blog last Sunday, Katie and I hiked Del Cerro Park up in Racho Palos Verdes!  Beautiful view!

+

29 July 2017:  Mailed Off Trevor's First Care Package!
I sent off his first letter on Tuesday, and his care package made it to the post office on Saturday, which won't be in time for his birthday but oh well.  It'll get there soon enough.

✌️-out Trevie-Letter #1

For his first care package, I chose a birthday-theme in honor of his 31st birthday on Tuesday and it comes complete with a red velvet birthday-cake-in-a-jar!  He mentioned he would like more underwear, so I substituted a fresh pack of undies as an alternative to packing supplies around the jar and other items.  When I asked him what type of underwear he wanted, he jokingly responded "anything with cartoons" so he got a pair of those as well!  ;)  Anyone else love the show Hey Arnold!?

Along with the cake, I packed a small tub of cream cheese frosting, coffee, Biscoffs, See's Candie's chocolate lollipops, peanut brittle and toffee-ettes.  I threw in a bag of trail mix, beef jerky, fruit snacks, and three cards; two for his birthday and one for our 12-year dating anniversary on the 3rd.  Side-note:  Twelve years ago, we had our first date on his birthday but he chose not to mention it that evening.  Two days later he asked me to be his girlfriend.  :)

Homemade Red Velvet Cake-in-a-Jar!
Packing 'er up!
Yes, the baby gave Trevor a card, haha.  I transcribed for him ;)
Almost-finished product!  After I took the pictures, I added more balloons and put another bow on the box.

30 July 2017:  California Cactus Center + Pasadena Bead Show Pictures

Mom 💜's her cacti!
+
Reminders of Trev everywhere.
Waving at the camera again, haha...
Week 21 Photos


Week 21 Updates
1.  Size of the baby?  Baby weighs about three quarters of a pound and is approximately 10.5" long, about the length of a carrot!
2.  What's developing this week?

3.  Current weight? 135.  Up one pound from last week.
4.  Movement?  Absolutely!  David is active a lot, especially after I eat and when I lay down.  I usually feel a lot of pressure on the lower left side of my pelvic area.
5.  Sleep?  Laying on my back hurts now and I'm stuck sleeping on my side.
6.  Symptoms? 
  •  Less athletic ability; harder time hiking and walking for long stretches of time. 
  •  Extremely tired the day after an exercise day.
  •  Heartburn (not all the time).
  •  Occasional lower back pain.
  •  Round ligament pain on Tuesday.
  •  Mom commented my boobs look much bigger. 😂
  •  Overall, feeling good and in good spirits.  Think I could handle at least two more pregnancies.
7.  Cravings and Aversions?  Meeh, nope to both.
8.  Best moment this week?  Spending time with my mom this weekend.  :)
9.  Prayer requests?  Please pray:
  • That Trevor would stay vested in the deployment goals he set for himself and that I would do the same regarding mine. 
  • That, if it be His will, God would provide a remote job for me through Military One Source (or any other military assistance programs).
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week?  Appointment with Dr. Friedman on Trevie's birthday on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment