David seems to be thriving in his little home and he's as active as ever. When he's most active I can hear a clicking sound, as I mentioned last week. The best way to describe it is it's like the faint sound of one fingernail flicking off of another, if that makes sense. The first time I noticed it is when I was leaning forward while working on the baby shower invitations and he was moving a lot. Since then the scenario seems to be similar. Whenever my belly is a bit compressed and he's moving a ton, I'll hear it.
My doctor commented this was an unusual occurrence and didn't know what could be the cause of it. After typing the symptoms into google, I felt a little comforted in knowing other mamas have heard this sound too. And even some who say the clicking is so loud it wakes them up at night, which is not the case with David--thankfully! There's not any research on this and as other OBs have mentioned, this should comfort moms as there seems to be no correlation to anything bad happening to baby.
A few thoughts of what the sound could be:
1. As David gets bigger and more cramped, his joints are cracking.
2. Amniotic fluid is being swished around and thus causing the noise.
3. My ligaments are stretching.
4. Baby is smacking his lips. (I highly doubt I would be able to hear this so this one is a miss in my mind).
When I first heard the clicking, I thought it might be his joints--which bothers me because I worry the cracking is hurting him. And, of course, I want him to have strong, healthy joints. A few moms commented they heard the clicking noise with their first babies and the babies still had clicky joints after birth. Others say they heard the noise but baby had no issues post-delivery. I told Trevor about the clicking along with my concerns and his only response was "You're going to be a great mommy!" which he further explained as he recognizes I'm concerned over our little guy. I was not expecting him to respond like this. In fact, I was anticipating him joining-in on the worrying, but we both know how pointless that would have been.
It's hard not to worry and I hate hearing that sound. It happens maybe once or twice a day, depending on how active he is and the position I'm laying in at the moment. The reality is we're both cramped! He's stuck in an itty-bitty living space and my belly is expanding in an effort to keep-up with his growing baby body. Every morning I pray my belly would stretch and expand to meet his needs and that my body would provide him with the fullest amount of nourishment possible.
9 October 2017: Baby Kicks Computer While Editing Blog
Week-In-Review Pictures
![]() |
| David's Grandma onesie proudly displayed in mom's office at work! |
![]() |
| Another clearance find I couldn't resist! |
![]() |
| One of my favorite little shirts for David. |
Week 31 Updates
1. Size of the baby? Baby's about 16.2 inches long and weighs about 3.3 pounds, about the size of a bunch of asparagus!
2. What's developing this week?
4. Movement? Yes, occasionally accompanied by a clicking noise.
5. Sleep? Oversleeping quite a few days this week.
6. Symptoms?
- Fatigue has returned.
- Feeling especially emotional this week. Like, highly sensitive.
- Bit of lower belly cramping, lower belly pressure and lightning crotch towards the end of the week.
- Left eye sensitivity on Saturday.
- Shortness of breath, although less problematic than last week. It's the new norm, I'm sure.
- Right nipple straight-up looked like a pacifier on Sunday morning! Later on in the evening, only my right boob hurt. Telling ya now, I think my right boob is going to be my good-nursing boob.
7. Cravings and Aversions? Apples and the orange juice from Solvang.
8. Best moment this week? Time spent with my mom getting stuff for the baby shower.
9. Prayer requests?
- Please pray over David's joints--that he's strong and healthy.
Week 31 Photos






No comments:
Post a Comment