As far as this week goes, all I can say is God is at work! I'm beside myself with humble gratitude as God continues to reveal to me who He is by way of our personal relationship.
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown, where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep my faith will stand
And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours. And You are mine.
Like I mentioned last week, I finished reading Jackie Mize's faith-based childbirth book. Reading this book provoked me to pray for a stronger foundation of faith. Since finding out we were pregnant and knowing that Trevor would be overseas, I confided in the Lord to be my "birth partner" and asked Him to guide me through. Early this past week I prayed He would strengthen my faith and provide support for me during the delivery of David.
As I spent time getting ready Tuesday morning, I felt the Lord prompt me to pray for Trevor to come home for the birth. I was resistant to it and shrugged it off as I thought to myself, "No, that's not possible... don't want to get my hopes up by praying for it." God pressed on and the prompting grew stronger to where I couldn't think of anything else.
"If I prayed for this..." I reasoned, "that would mean he would likely be injured, or something bad would happen that would bring him home. No, I don't want that." As soon as I finished my thought I was made aware there are other ways in which Trevor could miraculously come home. God responded by asking me to trust Him and that it wouldn't be bad.
"What have I got to lose?"
So, I mustered together a few words for a half-assed prayer. Mentally, I kept the idea of the whole Trevor-coming-home-for-the-birth fantasy at a distance as to not be disappointed and hurt. And really, I had already come to terms with him not being there.
The next morning, Trevor calls and says he has possible good news.
His supervisor approached him that morning, which is rare because they work opposite shifts. He asked Trevor when his "mini me" is set to arrive to which Trevor shared our due date of December 10th. "Ah, man! If it had been towards the end of December I could have sent you home. I'm not sure about early December. But what the heck? Let's try anyways!"
Without any initiation or prompting from Trevor, a form was submitted on his behalf up the chain of command requesting that he be sent home to be present for the birth of our son. How. Freaking. Amazing. Is that?! I mean... really?!
My jaw dropped and my mind went straight back to the previous morning. To God prompting me to pray. To my half-assed, no-good, sorry-excuse for a prayer for something huge. Oh ye, of little faith. Yup, that's me.
God's providing, you guys.
As Trevor and I are still on the phone I quickly fill him in on my moment with God the morning prior. He's left speechless as now we both know for sure... God's will be done. If He wants Trevor home for birth then it's a done deal.
We hang up and I immediately pray and worship. How great is our God that He would bother with me? Time and time again I fall short of deserving His blessings and yet, here I am, still receiving. Still in awe of who He is. Amazed by all of the little things that God provides for me, much of which I don't even bother to acknowledge. None of us do... we're so accustomed to living our everyday lives that we move past glorifying the One who provides our every day. Our every night.
In my prayer I asked God to tell me how He wants me to pray about this situation. Then, as usual, I head to Target, haha. It's where I walk around for exercise, as you know. And maybe I browse through the baby boy clearance rack but I digress.
As I'm walking around Target I start chatting with one of the workers; a middle-aged man whose sense of humor matches my own. As we're talking and laughing together somehow we start talking about Jesus. Not even exaggerating, I ended up chatting with this man (whose name is Albert) for over an hour! We could not stop talking about God!
During our chat I feel encouraged to tell him what God is doing for Trevor and I. I even ask him to pray over it and his response was just what I needed to hear.
"It's already done. You don't need to pray over this at all. Just give thanks."
God answered my prayer yet again, you guys! The Lord doesn't need me to keep asking for this situation to work-out. He's already handling it. All I need to do is give thanks. It's incredible to receive an answered prayer three times in a single week! First, I prayed for strengthening of faith and support during the birth... check. Second, after God's prompting, I pray that Trevor would come home for the birth of David... God's working on it. Lastly, I asked God how I ought to continue to pray over this matter... just be thankful, He says (through Albert). Gotcha. I can certainly do that.
Towards the end of the week we heard back from Trevor's commander.
Basically, they agreed to send him home early but they're unsure of if it will be in-time for the birth. With that said, he's set to come home early! They're asking if I have any medical issues and if the baby is breech or seems to have any issues of his own. He sent up a follow-up letter informing his commander we will discover our baby's position in a few weeks and we'll keep him in-the-loop of any changes in health; the baby's and/or my own.
I'm still blown away. All I can do is smile to myself. When I was younger, God revealed to me I could pray about anything. He made it clear He would always be with me and any prayer I prayed that glorified Him... He would provide. I think that's why I'm so quick to share about my relationship with God with all of you. He has done so much for me and once I knew Him, I could never turn my back away.
Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of the my Savior
21 October 2017: Baby-Stuff Shopping Spree at Target!
Did you guys catch the great sale in the baby section at Target? Holy moly. Tons of things were on sale and if you spent $100 on baby items, you received a $20 gift card. Likewise, if you spent $250, you got a $50 gift card. Being that we have two registries, we received a few doubles so I simply returned any extras to Target. Well, along with gift cards we received as gifts, I ended up with over $300 to spend! As mentioned last week, I was more than ready to get everything prepped for baby's arrival--and it was a little stressful not being prepared. Plus, with a completion discount of 15% off anything in my baby registry, I was ready to shop.
Do you guys price check online? I do. I saved over $80 on this baby monitor by asking customer service to price-match for me.
At the end of it all, I still have money left on gift cards plus I earned $70 in new gift cards by splitting up my purchases. I got a ton of stuff and now I'm wishing I had taken pictures of everything for you guys. Or maybe I'll just link it if that's preferable. Either way, I'll be sure to do that for next week's post.
Week-In-Review
![]() |
| Care Package #2 is finally on it's way! |
![]() |
| Theme: 10 Things I miss about you, Trevor. |
![]() |
| Trevor makes even the most mundane of tasks fun. |
![]() |
| Finally got some Subway, y'all! No deli meat. Went with meatballs. |
![]() |
| The many faces of Trevor. |
Week 33 Updates
1. Size of the baby? Baby weighs about 4.2lbs and measures 17.2inches long, about the size of a head of celery! He may grow up to a full inch this week!
3. Current weight? 140. No weight change this week. +23lbs pre-pregnancy.
4. Movement? What were once small little kicks are full-body movements. It's such a trip to watch my belly and see him turning over.
5. Sleep? Overall it's pretty good. A few times this week I've woken up because my belly itches. So I've had to get up and add oils and lotions.
6. Symptoms? Many symptoms are the same as last week, actually.
7. Cravings and Aversions? Nope.
8. Best moment this week? The answered prayers.
9. Prayer requests?
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? Another OB appointment on Tuesday but I'm sure he'll just be checking baby's heartbeat with the Dopper and measuring my uterus... nothing too exciting. Around week 35 we'll get to see baby boy again!- Join me in a Praise Report?: Lord God, You are amazing in every... single... way! Thank You for all that You've done, all You continue to do and all that You will do. We are humbled and amazed that, even while we were still sinners, You died for us that we might know You. Yours is the Kingdom, the Glory and the Power, forever and ever!
Week 33 Photos















No comments:
Post a Comment