Sunday, October 29, 2017

34 Weeks

Cheers to our last post for the month of October!  The Holiday season begins soon and we all know what that means...

T-minus 6 weeks (or so) until our baby arrives! 

Our little guy still moves all the time and has hiccups multiple times every day.  I love it.  I love feeling him and knowing he's okay.  If he were to be born now he would be considered a late preterm, so we're right on the cusp of being full-term.  Babies born after 34 weeks don't generally have any health problems so, in my eyes, we've hit another milestone!

The nesting urge is sinking in because... I detailed the Jeep.  That is to say, I busted my ass trying to clean every nook and cranny of the Jeep.  It feels like I'm running out of time and this stuff needs to be done... soon.  Like now.  I have a steam mop with a detachable hand tool so I'll be steam cleaning the seats sometime next week.  Finally purchasing a car seat prompted all of this, and the thought of putting our baby's car seat into an unclean car just didn't sit right with me.

We opted for this convertible car seat as it fits baby from 4lbs+ right off the bat!  No need for an infant seat and I'm all about saving money if I can.  An appointment to have the seat installed is set with Torrance CHP for Friday, November 3rd.

23 October 2017:  Deployment Date #1
Trevor, being the sweet guy he is, has been trying to arrange a "date" for a few weeks now.  Early last week he finally set things up for us.  "This Monday, grab a bite to eat then meet me at a little coffee shop for our date."  And so I did.


The coffee shop at his base is pretty popular during the day but luckily it's cleared out at night.  He's 10-hours ahead of California time so we had our date during his nighttime, my morning.  Walking into a crowded Starbucks initially fueled concerns that skyping in a public place would invite unwanted eavesdroppers and lookiloos, but I ended up not caring.  I ordered a white chocolate mocha and a chocolate croissant; in part because Trevor recently requested a few Hersey's bars to melt down and add to croissants.  He ordered some fruity drink and had to go outside a few times because internet inside the shop was spotty.



This date was seriously awesome, and that's a bit surprising to me.  There's so much we're use to experiencing while physically being with someone that it seems dating from a distance would be at a disadvantage, but it wasn't!  We talked and laughed together and I felt so very lovedThis man I married is simply incredible.



We spent about an hour together before he encouraged me to go to Chick-fil-a as my next destination.  I was supposed to grab a bite to eat beforehand but I hadn't so I tossed my trash and gathered up my things.  Trevor kept me company along the drive to Chick-fil-a as I set the tablet on the seat next to me so he could see me.  I drove through the drive-thru so we could keep chatting and when one of the workers approached my window to take my order I introduced her to my husband, haha.  She thanked him for his service and wished him well.  Chick-fil-a is selling children's books right now so I bought two for David.

Not wanting to park in the restaurant parking lot, I kept driving until I reached home.  Well, almost home.  I wound up in front of the little park near my mom's house and I ate my lunch there under the shade of the trees with Trevie.


Honestly, I wasn't expecting to feel so rejuvenated by that date.  For the rest of the day I felt as if I was on cloud 9.  Trevor is so thoughtful, so sweet and has the ability to make me happy even from so far away.  There are plenty of negatives when it comes to deployments--but the choice to overcome and adapt to any challenging situation is always within our grasp.  And in this family, we choose joy.  We choose happiness.

24 October 2017:  OB Appointment + Ultrasound + Arbitrary Head Measurement
It took the doctor a few seconds to find David's heartbeat.  As usual, David was wiggling around and evading the doppler wand but for a split second, my heart sank.  For a few seconds I couldn't feel him moving.  I took a huge sigh of relief once Dr. Friedman located his heartbeat, but as you can see in the video, David snuck out from under the doppler's reading a few more times.  Funny how Trevor and I both think the baby will be like each other, respectively.  I envision this little guy to be sneaky and funny like his daddy, and Trevor thinks he'll be persnickety like me.


Dr. Friedman offered to perform another ultrasound after I mentioned Trevor's command is awaiting the results on the baby's position; breech or head down.  Never thought I'd ever be bummed to hear, "Yeah, he's head down.  He's ready and in-position" but as you know from last week's post, if David is breech then Trevor's command is likely to send him home even sooner.  Trevor and I decided to wait until the 36-week anatomy scan before we communicate back with his command.



Dr. Friedman attempted to measure David's head.  Hopefully his calculations are off because baby's head is measuring at 37w4d when he's only supposed to be 33w1d.  We'll see what the results from the 36-week anatomy scan indicate. 

Week-In-Review

Learning how to play Yahtzee at Beth's 28th




Trevie Box #3:  Halloween Edition.  Includes a shitton of candy, 2 pumpkins (1 real, 1 fake), 1 LifeStraw, Starwars Kleenex and more candy...

Week 34 Updates
1.  Size of the baby?  Baby weighs about 4.7lbs and measures about 17.7 inches.
2.  What's developing this week?
3.  Current weight? 141.  +1lb from last week.  +24lbs prepregnancy.
4.  Movement?  Lots of pressure against my ribs this week.
5.  Sleep?  Sleep is okay.  Piriformis still acts up but I feel well-rested.
6.  Symptoms?
  • Eye pain, possible dry eyes.  Drops helped a bit.
  • Mid and lower back pain.
  • Fatigue. 
  • Patches of dry skin.
  • Pubic bone soreness.  Thinking it might be from my PT exercises.
  • Excruciating wrist pain on both wrists one night.  Thought I might have pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel but thankfully it hasn't happened again.
  • Swollen feet after a night out with friends.
7.  Cravings and Aversions? Aversion to nacho cheese.
8.  Best moment this week?  Date with Trevie.
9.  Prayer requests?
  • Prayers for employment opportunities for Trevor post-deployment; whether active duty or civilian.  And for wisdom to make these big decisions.
  • Prayers that God will strengthen my body and prepare it for birth.  That I would be prompted to do whatever needs to be done to be ready in-time.  And that my body and skin would continue to stretch and grow to meet baby's needs.
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week?  Seeing my friend Carrie from Fort Collins!

Week 34 Photos

Note:  Unlike previous weeks, these photos were not taken with an empty stomach.





No comments:

Post a Comment