3-0! T-minus 10 weeks (or so) until David's birthday and now I'm starting to feel the pressure! Pressure on my pelvis and pressure to get things ready for baby boy.
It's true, depending on how he's positioned, I waddle a bit. Even though I have been feeling more kicks around my ribs, he feels so low to me. We've got 10 more weeks left but it already feels like he's running out of room in there. He's still pretty darn active and is quick to apply counter-pressure if I lay my hand on my belly. When we get lucky, friends are able to see his kicks just by looking at my belly, but it's always more fun to have them feel him directly.
Towards the end of the week round ligament pain and indigestion made a return back into my life and I had quite a bit of pain on my right side after the 3-hour drive home from Solvang.
Beyond the physical pressures, I feel pressure to get things ready for David's arrival. He has quite a bit of clothes and I love imagining him in them. In my moments of I-need-to-have-everything-ready-now I remind myself that our baby shower is in less than two weeks and to wait until then to buy anything else. With that said, we've purchased (or been given) a lot of what we need so things are looking good.
My main concern is setting up the hospital and diaper bags so I'm ready to go when the time comes, and arranging his temporary co-sleeping space for inside the cabin. The basic model of this co-sleeper is the one I'm currently liking, but there are others of interest. And, of course, baby needs a car seat! I love this convertible option that baby can use from 4-50lbs rear-facing and up to 65lbs forward-facing! With this type of car seat we will not be purchasing an infant seat but I might acquire one for free through the VA. My mom's friend gifted me a few high-end luxury diaper bags to try out but honestly, I'm in love with this one from Skip Hop. Call me plain Jane (and albeit, I am), but I love the clean, gender-neutral look of the solid gray and it has a ton of great pockets. So once I get the diaper bag I'll be using I will fill it with a few essentials and call it good. And I haven't packed a hospital bag yet but a running list of what-to-pack is in the works. If you have any recommendations, text me!
And eventually we'll need a baby monitor and a highchair.
Babies arriving before 40-weeks is not unheard of so a part of me is feeling a bit panicky. Mom and I are setting up my old bedroom to use as the nursery and I'll be washing all of his clothes this week. Can't tell you how excited I am to fold and hang all of little clean outfits in preparation for him to wear. Ah, it makes me giddy!
Speaking of clothes, here's my best attempt at showcasing all of his little outfits. A few "TBD" placeholders are on the list. If you're interested, please check back next week as I'll have those filled in properly. He's got more in bigger sizes (and a few others that were given to me after these pictures were taken: thanks Anna & Ashley!) but other than those, here's the jist of it!
Newborn
Short-sleeve onesies: 4
Long-sleeve onesies: 9; 8 cotton, 1 jean
Footsie pajamas (zipper & snaps): 3
T-Shirts: 1
Shorts: 0
Pants: 3
Jackets: 2
Mittens: TBD
Socks: TBD
Shoes: 2
![]() |
| If it has "Champ" or a Jeep on it, I'm buying it. |
*New Parent Tip: When I worked at Carter's I learned "3 months" really equates to "0-3" and vice versa, and same goes for the larger sizes.*
Short-sleeve onesies: 22
Long-sleeve onesies: 11
Footsie pajamas (zipper & snaps): 8
T-Shirts: 2
Shorts: 1
Pants: 6
Jackets: 3
Mittens: TBD
Socks: TBD
Shoes: 0
*(aka "3-6")*
Short-sleeve onesies: 6
Long-sleeve onesies: 1
Pajamas (zipper & snaps): 7, although 1 without footies
T-Shirts: 6 short-sleeve, 1 long-sleeve
Shorts: 4
Pants: 4
Jackets: 1
Mittens: TBD
Socks: TBD
Shoes: 0
Aside from clothes, we have a slew of newborn and size 1 diapers from Pampers and Honest Company, a bunch of pacifiers, an endless supply of books (as we've been collecting them for years!) and a few sensory toys. Target has a great selection of teaching materials in the dollar section so even though it's early to be learning his ABC's, I buy it anyways. One day I would like to have a designated playroom/classroom.
Other Worthwhile Mentions: Thrifty Finds + Registry Gifts
Crib: Trevor found this beauty at Target on clearance for $43! We will eventually need a mattress for it.
Stroller #1: City Mini GT; Trevor chose the green color and got it on sale for $160. So excited to someday use it!
Stroller #2: Not quite the version we have and we weren't going to invest in more than one stroller initially but, unlike the GT, this one is a proper jogging stroller. And, as you may have guessed, we got for a steal at $27 on clearance.
Stroller #3: Being that I'm only out in California for a few months post delivery, I didn't bring any strollers with me as I planned to only baby-wear. However, mom gifted us this stroller and it's a pretty versatile one as the seat morphs into a bassinet and can face forwards and backwards!
Swing #1: Another Target clearance item we purchased for $25
Swing #2: As you may recall, Trevor found this for $14 at the Goodwill and we fixed it up. Overall cost was $48. Not too shabby!
Bassinet: Another familiar item, I picked up the deluxe model at a SoCal consignment store for less than half of the retail price. I kept my eye out for one as I plan to have baby sleep next to me for the first few months.
Rock n Play: We registered for this one to match our swing, haha. We've also heard great things about rock n plays and our sweet friend Noelle gifted it to us!
Pack n Play: We have a basic model from Burlington that Trevor excitedly bought last year. He's been eager to become a daddy for a long, long time.
Muslin Blankets: If you're interested in these check out your local thrift stores before paying full-price.
Boppy Nursing Pillow: We have two of these plus an extra cover. My mom and Anna each gifted us one and I love them both. Having two will come in handy so I don't have to carry one from room to room. So excited to use them!
Playmat: A hand-me-down gift from Anna. She highly recommends it as both of her babies loved it.
29 September 2017: Vandenberg AFB
Along our drive to Solvang, mom and I ventured to Santa Barbara and spent the night in temporary housing at Vandenberg AFB. Our room was like a little one-bedroom apartment. The living room came complete with a pull-out couch that mom graciously offered to sleep in. Usually whenever we go on trips together we share a bed so I hadn't imagined this visit going differently but mom insisted.
30 September 2017: Santa Barbara + Solvang
We slept in until 7 and then drove into town--Vandenberg is a bit outside of Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara is so pretty! Trevor and I have already discussed visiting SB together someday. Truth be told, initially we planned on having our babymoon in Santa Barbara but ultimately decided on San Diego because we had tickets to Sea World. I think he would enjoy the energy and scenery of SB and we're thinking of heading up there for a few days after he returns--with David of course! It might not happen for a few weeks but perhaps we'll make the drive up there before we leave California.
While in the city we stumbled upon a farmer's market so mom picked out a zucchini for this week's belly photo. After we browsed a few shops and walked around a bit, we packed up our things and finished the trek towards Solvang.
Solvang is an adorable quaint Danish town near Lake Cachuma. Mom use to frequent the town once per year during her annual camping trip with a few of her friends. A few years ago she planned a trip for us to go there together and we had a blast! Back then, mom rented a two-person bike for us to get around town in--as the town is small enough to bike/walk everywhere and finding parking can be tough. This year, because I'm pregnant, we opted just to walk where ever we set to go.
We had to hit up our favorite spots! There's a place that sells fudge that is so good! Trevor, who knew we were planning a trip up North, requested two blocks of fudge and has been asking about them every week! So yes, we bought a milk chocolate and dark chocolate block of fudge for him. And get this, because the fudge is authentic, it won't melt during transit!
During our last trip, mom bought me a grapefruit spoon which I sadly somehow lost in Colorado. So we swung by the same little shop as we had visited before and I picked up 3 more, haha, just in case! As a sovenier of our trip I bought a cool magnet in the shape of a Danish-style house.
The breakfasts are so good! Honestly, I'm craving the Danish pancakes even now--granted, I've been craving pancakes for weeks, haha. Danish pancakes are like crepes, but thicker. And every restauant in town serves fresh hand-squeezed orange juice. It's so tasty! I'm salivating.
As we usually do, mom and I had a great time together. I'll forever cherish this little mother-daughter getaway that she planned for us to enjoy before the baby arrives in a few weeks.
Week-In-Review Pictures
![]() |
| Skyping with Uncle Trev! |
![]() |
| Temporary housing unit at Vandenberg AFB. |
![]() |
| Santa Barbara! |
![]() |
![]() |
| "Picking out the baby" at a Santa Barbara Farmer's Market |
![]() |
| Her selection. |
![]() |
| Fudge. |
![]() |
| 51 cents x2 = ... |
![]() |
| 2 Solvang keepsakes that I will turn into fridge magnets. |
![]() |
| The long line to order aebleslivers! |
![]() |
| A la mode. |
![]() |
| Mom's Danish breakfast. |
![]() |
| Miiiiiiiine! ::drool:: |
![]() |
| Hats Mom picked out. Blue one is her favorite. |
![]() |
| Santa Barbara Pad Thai! |
![]() |
| Our little motel room. |
![]() |
| In the middle of nowhere. |
Week 30 Updates
1. Size of the baby? 2.9lbs (omg!) and 15.7inches long!
3. Current weight? 141. +1lb from last week, +24lbs pre-pregnancy.
4. Movement? Less active than previous weeks but still rambunctious at times. He gets hiccups every so often.
5. Sleep? Rolling around like it's my nighttime job.
6. Symptoms?
- Shortness of breath.
- Some back pain.
- Return of heartburn, round ligament pain and foot cramps.
- Odd clicking noise from belly once in a blue moon. Going to call Dr. Friedman about it tomorrow morning.
7. Cravings and Aversions? Nope.
8. Best moment this week? The entire weekend trip to Solvang with my mom!
9. Prayer requests? Please pray that baby stays in the womb as long as possible.
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? Making and sending off another care package for Trevie.Week 30 Photos
| I miss this face. |
































No comments:
Post a Comment