Usually as I'm waking up in the morning, little man is kicking and wiggling about. As mentioned last week, my focus this week was to be present and enjoy these last few moments with him womb-side. Placing my hands on my belly, I close my eyes and just feel him stirring. Then I pray over him.
So far, it seems he's head-down as his back and bum are typically on the left side while his feet are under my ribs on the right. And yes, he's constantly kicking and lifting up my ribs! This Tuesday we'll get to see him again and find out his positioning! If he's breech, perhaps daddy will get to come home early, not that I should be wishing for that because Lord knows I'd rather not have a cesarean section.
Overall, I'm moving much slower. It doesn't help that I carry around a big purse filled with only-God-knows-what, but I feel so heavy! It makes sense to me why pregnant women waddle--this ish hurts! I'm tired, slow and sometimes in pain so yeah, I waddle every now and then.
On Tuesday I'll also be tested for Group B Strep so I've been taking garlic, probioitic and vitamin C supplements to increase my body's count of good bacteria. Also, I started taking a stool softener at the advice of a few friends of mine. Taking it this early just in case I go into labor sooner than expected and have to experience that first post-delivery poo. The way I see it, it's better to help myself out, haha. And I really do appreciate all the advice I can get even if the topic's about poo.
Along the lines of preparation, I picked up a few things from Target this week as well. Don't laugh but I bought disposable undies because I've heard they're very similar to the ones given by hospitals. Have you ever heard of padsicles? Well, some witch hazel, aloe vera and lavender essential oil will go on top of some ginormis overnight pads and be stored in the freezer until I need them. I'll be making these sometime next week.
7 November 2017: 35-Week OB Appointment Video
At 35 weeks and 2 days, fundal height measured 37 weeks. Heartbeat was strong!
On Friday the 10th, with exactly one month left to go until DD, mom and I went shopping for nursing bras! Motherhood Maternity was having a pretty good sale (buy 3 get 1 free + $20 off a $100 purchase), so I got a mix of supportive, everyday-wear bras and a few comfy bras to sleep in. My pre-pregnancy cup size was around a 32B but it's now a 34C and I'm sure that will increase once baby arrives. Hopefully these bras still fit well after my milk comes in.
Notable Mention: David's Blessing at Michael's Store
Over the weekend, mom and I went shopping at Michael's for some Christmas decorations. While checking out, a woman behind us in line began chatting with me about the baby. During our conversation she basically prayed aloud over the baby. She prayed for the baby's overall health; his head, his heart and his eyes and then she pointed to God. I felt the Holy Spirit within her and so greatly appreciated her blessing over our little baby.
Trevor's Updates: Trevor's Promotion to Senior Airman (E-4) + Off-Base Adventures!
Woohoo, Airman First Class Coles has been promoted to Senior Airman Coles! He is now considered a non-commissioned officer and has been recently placed into a position of leadership. Unlike me, he's not the natural-born leader type, but he's a fair supervisor and others seem to respect his strong work ethic. I'm immensely proud of him and excited to witness the strengthening of his leadership skills.
On Monday, our traveler got to go off-base! He was so stoked! He's been eager to explore the city since day #1 of the deployment. There's been a lot of progression for the country in that women are now allowed to walk around unattended. Trevor mentioned before this change, women could only walk around outside if accompanied by a male, even if that male was their own son. Without supervision, women were confined to their houses.
![]() |
| Also... No-Shave November is alive and well in the Air Force. |
He enjoyed the city! He and a friend had dinner together then walked around the city's outdoor marketplace and searched for trinkets to bring home. Unfortunately, a lot of what Saudi Arabia sells is "Made in China" and Trevor couldn't find any authentic, Saudi-Arabian-made items. The guys are planning to venture into the city again soon and possibly to the mall, so hopefully he'll find something unique and interesting to commemorate his time overseas.
Week-In-Review Photos
![]() |
| Current fave TJ salad |
![]() |
| This box was so fun to make! |
![]() |
| Thanksgiving box with another homemade card |
![]() |
| His beloved eggnog. |
![]() |
| Menu at Colombian Delicatessen in Lawndale |
![]() |
| Authentic Colombian selections. My mom was in Heaven! |
![]() |
| Colombiana drink! |
Week 36 Updates
1. Size of the baby? At 36 weeks pregnant, baby is as big as a papaya, measuring about 18.7
inches from crown to heel and weighing in around 5.8 pounds.
2. What's developing this week?
4. Movement? Big, rolling movements are so fun to feel. Ashley got to feel David moving around for about a minute or two--so fun!
5. Sleep? Piriformis flareups wake me up occasionally.
6. Symptoms?
- Fatigue
- Slight lower-belly cramps
- Shortness of breath
- Bigger boobs and I'm pretty sure my nipples grew larger
- Sore pubic area
- Increase cervical mucus
- Slower moving; occasional waddling
- Back pain
7. Cravings and Aversions? Frozen meals gross me the heck out again.
8. Best moment this week? Shopping for nursing bras with momma.
9. Prayer requests?
- Please pray that I would be GBS negative in order to labor in the hospital tub.
Week 36 Photos
![]() |
| Got a cut after bumping belly into chair... |
![]() |
| How I sometimes stand; resting my hands on my belly. |






















No comments:
Post a Comment