Any signs of early labor? Not that I can tell. Cervix has not dilated at all and other than some period-like cramps and back pain, I feel fine. Mom mentioned my belly "dropped" ever so slightly, but it's not low by any means. In my mind, there's a good chance baby will be born late.
Although we received a lot of the necessities from our baby showers, there were a few items left on our list to purchase. Luckily for us, I was able to combine Black Friday prices with Amazon's completion discount to get stellar deals on the remaining must-haves. I picked up a sound machine, wet bag for the diaper bag, sheet saver and some sheets and mattress pad for the bassinest. And I bought an Instant Pot, hah! That's something that's not on many baby registries but let's be honest, maybe it should be!
21 November 2017: 37-Week OB Appointment + Improved Cervical Exam
As you may recall from last week, the OB was less than gentle with me during my first cervical check. As I checked in for my 37-week appointment this week I asked to speak with the nurse beforehand. Turns out she's a nurse's assistant and cannot perform cervical checks but she agreed to speak with the doctor on my behalf. Well, I'm happy to say this visit was much better as I didn't experience any pain. Geez Louise.
Morning + Nighttime Routine
Not sure if this is true for most people but having some semblance of routine comforts me. This regime started back in Colorado and will continue on until (and perhaps after) I deliver this baby. A few of you have inquired if I've gained any stretchmarks and while the answer is no, I believe these daily habits kept them at bay.
The disclaimer here is to note that I am no stranger to stretchmarks. In fact, I have them all over my thighs--blame adolescence! It's not a big deal and I don't really care. With that said, I decided to do some research on oils and lotions early on a figure out a plan for possible prevention, if you will. The results? So far so good--no stretchmarks here, so I'm sharing the info!
Nighttime Routine
So first, I shower. Yes, I'm someone who showers at night. I like the feeling of getting into bed being fresh and clean but that's besides the point. Anyways! I shower and around weeks 18-20 I exfoliated my belly every other day or so. After the Fall season dry air rolled in, I stopped.
Right after the shower I rub Argan oil onto my chest, abdomen and thigh area. It's important to apply to the belly and surrounding areas. As opposed to coconut oil, I chose Argan oil because it's a faster absorbing oil so it's more likely soaked up by my skin instead of my clothes. After the argan oil, I apply Bio oil. So far I've gone through several bottles of Argan oil but only one and half of Bio oil--and I basically bathe in both of them, no lie!
After applying both oils I use Mother's Friend lotion. Not really sure if there's much to this lotion but towards week 25 or so my belly became itchy so I knew to add in a lotion. Honestly, it's a pretty good lotion and I use it on my face as well. That's it! After those three things I'm ready for bed.
Morning Routine
My morning routine is exactly like my nighttime routine minus the shower. The takeaway message here is to apply the oils and lotions twice per day.
Week-In-Review Pictures
![]() |
| Excited for you and Eddie, my Bethy Boo! |
![]() |
| Marriage advice board for the future Mrs! |
![]() |
| Giving my two cents. |
Week 38 Updates
1. Size of the baby? Baby is about 19.6 inches long and his or her head is about the same circumference as the abdomen. Average baby weight at 38 weeks is 6.8 pounds--about the size of a leek!
2. What's developing this week?
4. Movement? Rib jabs and crotch kicks.
5. Sleep? Feeling like a beached whale as I toss, turn and flip slides throughout the night.
6. Symptoms?
- Fatigued some days, energized during others.
- Back pain, oh Lawdy.
- Period-like cramps.
- Piriformis pain, as usual.
7. Cravings and Aversions? Nah.
8. Best moment this week? Prepping the Thanksgiving turkey with mom.
9. Prayer requests? Prayers that God would prepare my body for labor.
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? Finishing up the last of the to-list before baby arrives.Week 38 Photos








No comments:
Post a Comment