November is here and baby boy will be in our arms next month--perhaps even this month! Thirty-five days left until David's due date!
Thinking he might arrive before his due date excites me. I would love to meet him and hold him sooner but since Trevor's command announced they may send him home early, I have mixed feelings. The later, the better with regards to Trevor making it home in time for the birth. I have another OB appointment this Tuesday (weekly appointments now!) so I'll be asking Dr. Friedman how overdue he'll let the baby go before inducing. A week past DD would put us at December 17th and 2-weeks late would fall on Christmas Eve. Nevertheless, baby will make his entrance when he's ready and we only hope he's healthy.
Occasionally I'll experience some cramping, usually at night as I turn over from one side to another. Even with the periodic pain and uncomfortable weight load, I can't help but think I'll miss seeing him wiggle and stretch inside my belly. Pretty soon he'll be outside the womb and I'll never have these specific moments with him again and, maybe it's the hormones talking, but that brings forth a bit of sadness for me. With a few weeks left until that day I'm making a special effort to soak up all of these sweet moments as best I can.
This past week I spent a lot of time with friends--which was much needed! Ashley and I grabbed Subway and searched Target for nursing bras, Carrie drove up from Bible School to catch-up, Anna and I celebrated her 27th birthday in Long Beach and I ran errands with Marla and we had lunch together at the new Shake Shack! Thanks for the time spent together, friends!
Carrie and I became friends pretty instantly after meeting at a mutual friend's clothing party in Fort Collins. We share a love for all things military and even planned on serving in the Air Force together. She was my running buddy and our weekly get-togethers made our time in Colorado that much more enjoyable. And as our lives would have it, she's right around the corner in Anaheim finishing bible school! With gift in hand, she drove the full distance to meet me at Classic Burger so we could catch up. She's eager to minister in Germany and we joked that perhaps we'll get the chance to live near each other again if Trevor receives orders there. All I can say is... yes, please!
A second large load of baby laundry is complete after receiving a ton of clothes from the baby shower a few weeks back. Ash, I'm still obsessed with the raglan-sleeved onesies you gifted David! They're my favorite. Baby's dresser is stocked with his newborn and 0-3 month clothes, just in case he's on the bigger side. Not too sure how long we'll be here post-delivery but baby's clothes, diapers and wipes are ready and waiting for him. The larger-sized outfits are organized in bins that will likely be relocated into the garage to save space. So far I'm pretty happy with the diaper bag I purchased; granted, I'm not using it just yet but I have started organizing it and I think it'll be a good fit for us.
The stroller my mom bought for the baby is in the back of the Jeep and the car seat is now installed! The CHP officer who installed the seat was so helpful as he took his time explaining all aspects of car seat installation including how to properly fix the straps so baby rides safely. I'm thinking I'll make another appointment once Trevor returns home just so he can ask questions and hear all of the information for himself.
Speaking of Trevor, he received the two boxes I recently sent his way. Right now I'm putting together a Thanksgiving-themed care-package and I'm super jazzed about it--probably more so than I should be, haha. He's aware of the next box's theme so he's requested two cans of cranberry sauce (1 jelly, 1 whole berries), crispy onions (think: green beans casseroles), and eggnog. Trevor really wants eggnog but after troubleshooting how to mail it to him, I told him he might have to forget the idea. Poor guy. He seriously loves eggnog.
Well, I found some in a mix form that just needs milk added to it. Only problem is, for some odd reason, he can't buy milk out there. So, I'm thinking of sending some almond milk (as it doesn't have to be refrigerated) and condensed milk in the box so that maybe he can satiate the craving for a few weeks. Additionally, I'll be sending Hawaiian sweet rolls, beef jerky, two small bottles of sparking apple cider, Belgium chocolate pumpkins, hot cocoa mix with marshmallows, fig cereal bars and dried cranberries. He's spoiled but he deserves it.
In his Halloween box, he received real and fake pumpkins to decorate for the holiday. As it turns out, his whole unit joined in to help! Had I known he would open the box at work I would have sent more pumpkins for the rest of the guys. Trevor said he let them mess around with the fake pumpkin and he had fun with the real one so it worked out well. With this concept in mind, I've put together a "Baby Shower in a Bag" kit complete with some of the games we played at David's baby shower. I figured Trevor and his unit can decorate the leftover bibs with fabric pens and, if they want to, they can have some fun with some of the paper games we played. I'm sending him my belly photos (weeks 4-35) to emulate the "Follow The Belly" board I made for the party and a picture frame with David's first ultrasound as well.
Week-In-Review
![]() |
| Beef tongue. |
![]() |
| Jacob high-fives his baby cousin. |
![]() |
| Halloween 2017, baby! |
| |
| Dreams do come true. 😂 |
![]() |
| Ready and waiting. |
![]() |
| Minus the cup holders. |
![]() |
| Special number. |
![]() |
| Shake Shack is cooooooool! |
![]() |
| Thanks to those who filled out a letter for Trevor! First batch has arrived. |
Week 35 Updates
1. Size of the baby? Baby weighs 5.3lbs (say whaaa!) and measures 18.2 inches long. Apparently he won't get too much longer but will gain about an ounce a day from here on out! This week he's about the size of a pineapple!
2. What's developing this week?
4. Movement? Hiccups several times a day and he's lifting up my ribs, y'all! And Trevor has caught a few David's large body movements when we skype.
5. Sleep? Cramps in my piriformis are killing me at night. Crampsin belly as I turn over.
6. Symptoms?
- Trouble breathing while standing after a shower. Assuming it's a combination of the steam/lack of oxygen and the positioning of the baby.
- Clicking/popping sounds from belly are back.
- Lightning crotch.
- Fatigue some days, lots of energy other days.
- Indigestion on and off.
- Pain in pubic bone. Some days my vagina feels so sore! When I walk I can feel the tenderness in that area.
7. Cravings and Aversions? Not really but I enjoy SweetTango Apples so very, very much. When Trevor suggested I pick up a few Lean Cuisines I felt sick... again.
8. Best moment this week? Envisioning myself placing a tiny baby into the car seat as I peered into the rear-view mirror on the way home from the CHP appointment.
9. Prayer requests? Prayers that I would finish the baby's room this week would be much appreciated! Also please pray, if it be God's will, that Trevor would find an active duty recruiter who is willing to work with him so that plans are arranged sooner than later.
10. What are you looking forward to for next week? I have a bunch of appointments next week but I'm most excited about decorating and sending off Trevor's Thanksgiving care-package, haha.Week 35 Photos





















No comments:
Post a Comment