Tuesday, March 20, 2018

16 Weeks Old

Wet grass from the rain = Change of scenery

14 March 2018:  Daddy's 1st Jiu Jitsu Lesson!  + Davey's 1st "Shower" (15w1d old)


As a Valentine's Day present for Trevor, I arranged for him to receive a free lesson at a local Brazilian Jiu Jitsu studio.  Although a bit hesitant at first, Trevor had a blast and wishes to attend lessons regularly.  Here's hoping there's a BJJ school wherever we land next.






David watching Daddy beat up on a stranger.





Poor bubs...







Feeling the water hit his hand.


15 March 2018:  (15w2d old)


Nursing in the Jeep, as usual.





16 March 2018:  David's Third Bottle + Increase in Breastfeeding Demand  (15w3d old)

Tummy-time while daddy reads David & Goliath

Dancing with Dad


At LA Air Force Base


Baby bottle #3
The first two bottles David ever received were purely for fun and an effort for bonding with Daddy; however, bottle number #3 meant mommy needed a break.  David's number of feedings per day have increased and my body is doing its best to catch up.  Thank goodness I have a bunch of milk to spare in the freezer because baby boy needs more calories lately.

17 March 2018:  David's 1st St. Patrick's Day! + Katie's St. Patty's Party  (15w4d old)
You might recall the onesie he's wearing, it's the one Trevor picked up while in Ireland on his way home!  With only two choices of sizes (0-6 months or 6-9 months), I'm glad we went with the latter because it's a bit snug of David length-wise.  It's perfect for St. Patrick's Day and a definite keepsake outfit for years to come.  Happy Saint Patrick's Day, guys! 🍀


🌤

Struttin'


My new favorite scarf--a gift from Trevor from Ireland.


"Sup?"







Proof that although he hasn't lived very long, he's suffered much. 😂

Wearing the cone for forgetting his turn.



18 March 2018:  David's 1st Church Service!  (15w5d old)


Pre-church snack

The new chapel in Old Torrance--beautiful building!



While Trevor was deployed, he reconnected with our pastor from Torrance, Jeremy.  Last we saw Jeremy we were newly married and packing our bags for life in Colorado.  He married us and introduced us to The Five Love Languages, which we refer to quite often.

We're interested in dedicating David.  For us this means making a public declaration to raise him in the Word of God so that David might come to know Jesus for himself.  The dedication will take place sometime in April.

19 March 2018:  Tummy-Time Solutions  (15w6d old)
David hates tummy time, he really does.  There's about a 10-second countdown after we place him on his belly before he starts to complain about it.

We've tried placing him on a mat or at an incline on our chests, and recently I've placed him across my lap as well.  We've tried distracting him with toys, music, whatever.  He's not a fan.

We allow him to struggle and don't pick him up right away after he fusses, but eventually he gives up and lays his head down crying.  Little by little each day hopefully he'll get use to it.


Our little guy hates tummy time.




















Helping a baby fall asleep in a busy Target... not the easiest of tasks. 


Daddy shares his knowledge of pack n' plays with a customer.  Even loads her cart for her once she decides to buy one.


20 March 2018:  16 Weeks Old!








🍀
Lunch with a new expectant-momma friend; Emily!






16-Week Postpartum Updates
Body
For those who noticed the lack of postpartum updates during the last few weeks, I apologize.  Often times after taking David's pictures he begins to fuss and/or we're heading out the door, so my focus is completely on him.

As mentioned a few ago, my exercise routine will begin April 1st (no foolin') so expect to see the "body" segment and photos return at that time.  In the meantime, I'll give a short update just to say I'm feeling much better.  The only pain I have is while I'm sitting up from laying down (think: crunches), and the pain is solely on my left laceration.  Since the last time I updated, Dr. Friedman has cauterized two blood vessels in my vagina which stopped the pain on my right side laceration.  I have an appointment on Wednesday to see the doctor on base to request a perineal physical therapist, as my civilian OB refused to grant me a referral.

Other than that, my "big" post-pregnancy clothes are baggy on me now and I've dropped another two pounds; down to 126lbs.  (+9lbs prepregnancy, -22lbs after delivery).  As you may have gathered from previous weeks, I don't feel pressured to care my weight or the fact that my thighs are much bigger postpartum.  My body amazes me, honestly.  I never dreamed of having such a fast labor and delivery--and so, I know it's capable of great things.  Exercising is stress-relieving and enjoyable for me and if not for my slow recovery, I would likely be running by now.  Once I feel physically ready to work hard, my tennis shoes will be hitting the pavement once more.

Mind+Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment