 |
| My favorite summertime romper for D from BabiesRUs! |
Wednesday, 4 July 2018: David's 1st 4th of July!
 |
| Current read while David naps. |
Our first 4th of July as a family was a low-key event. Beach plans with friends fell through as crowds swarmed the seasides--as to be expected on such a day. So we relaxed at home most of the day, I got some reading in during naptime and later on we ventured to park with our tent and fresh sliced watermelon. David loves watermelon! And we loved listening to the tiny crunching sounds of D biting into his very own piece.
 |
| Sharing lunch in the backseat. |
 |
| Fourth of July family photo :) |
 |
| Silly bubs. |
 |
| Found a dog wandering the streets--A few blocks later we helped him find his home! |
 |
| Not gonna lie, I wanted to steal him. Such a sweet, mellow doggy! |
Thursday, 5 July 2018: Trader Joe's Shopping
First time outward facing with the Ergo360--David loved it! I loved it! We all loved it! After hitting up Trader Joes, we circled the parking lot a few times just so I could wear him awhile longer. Favorite part? It's either the sweetness of catching glimpses of his feet swaying below as I'm browsing for frozen veggies or taking advantage of every opportunity to snuggle without having to pry my hair from his velcro-like fingers. Postpartum hair loss is real--and now you know why!
+
Friday, 6 July 2018
 |
| 💜 Katie |
 |
| Drums are everywhere! |
 |
| Hot summer days leave us clinging to our fans. |
Saturday, 7 July 2018: Storytime at Barnes & Noble
Sunday, 8 July 2018: Lunch with Church Friends
 |
| Lunch with church friends! |
 |
| Tiffany is 5 months pregnant with their first baby, a girl 💗 |
Monday, 9 July 2018: Mandarin Chinese Music Class
 |
| Watching the big kids play while listening to Mandarin Chinese + music! |
 |
| Rough patch on both cheeks. We're having trouble finding a moisturizer that works. |
Tuesday, 10 July 2018: 32 Weeks Old! + Anniversary of Trevor's Farewell
 |
| A token park fave from Trevor's childhood. |
A year ago today, an 18-week pregnant me kissed Trevor goodbye as he entered somberly through the airport doors to board a plane traveling overseas. After mom drove off, I remember feeling like we would turn around at any minute to go pick him up. Missing him is a foreign and unnatural experience for me.
But today tells a different story for us. He's home. We're together. Our baby is obsessed with his Trevor. I'm blessed to have these boys in my life--and David couldn't be more like his sweet, laid-back daddy.
Trevor smiles in acknowledgment of today's date and what this past year means for us. The joy, the laughter, the pain of longing, the struggle of waiting... it's
all been worth it. He is
so worth it! And, of course, I'll never forget the promise I made to myself last year. A prayerful goal that we might always live life with the
extra-hour mentality; promising to never take our time together for granted. And for those reading this, I wish the same for you.
 |
| Melts my heart. |
 |
| A familiar pose from the pregnancy ;) |
 |
| Settling down with Dad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment