Saturday, July 28, 2018

EIGHT Months Old

Representing Redondo Beach!


David's 8-Months Update
  • Weighs 17lbs 6oz.  Fits into some 9-month sleepers and although he's swimming in it width-wise, he's mostly in 12-month sleepers for the length.  He can still fit into 6-month sized shorts because of his tiny waist.  Size 3 diapers still.
  • Hates purees, loves to eat whatever we're eating instead.
  • Loves the sound of zippers zipping. Loves to play with zippers and buckles.
  • Teething!  And a little toothie broke through.  His left central incisor has cut through while his right central incisor seems to be next up.  In fact, his whole top row is swollen.  No sign of any emerging bottom teeth as of yet.
  • Fussier.  Nibbles on our shoulders.  Drooley.  All the teething-related things.
  • Not interested in taking a bottle.
  • Developed an eye infection-ish thing.  Had his first trip to the ER today so we could rule out cornea tear.  Doctor suspects bubs has allergies.
  • Loves to eat table food (BLW) and drink water from a sippy cup.  We have a goal of "100 Foods Before 1" and at this point he's about half-way there.
    • Some favorite foods are:
      • Chicken, beef and fish
      • Pea soup, beef stew and chicken paprikash (Hungarian chicken soup)
      • Watermelon, honeydew melon & cantaloup 
      • Spanish rice, organic oatmeal cereal & puffs
  • He is selective about when he crawls and when he rolls to wherever he wants to go.  Seems he would rather roll & reach instead of crawl.
  • Tries to stand on his own.
  • Diaper changes are challenging as he is on. the. move!
  • Says "Mama," "Dada" "Hi."  Is working on waving and high-fives.
  • Holds my hand while nursing.
  • Loves playing Pat-a-Cake with Grandmama (has for months but oops, I forgot to post sooner!)
  • Gives hugs and slobbery kisses.  Soft rubs on his back as his head rests against chest nurtures my soul.
  • Still hates car washes and other loud, sudden noises--but can ya blame him?
  • Likes to grab a paci out of his car seat's cup holder (where we store them) and complains if we don't let him reach for it before buckling him in.
  • Super strong.  Like... an ox.  Pretty sure I'll be arm wrestling him in no-time just so I can train.
  • Tall & skinny and has blonde hair with blue-green eyes.
  • Makes friends wherever we go with his sweet smiles.
  • He's the most beautiful person I've ever met.
  • Is seriously the sweetest, smartest, most everything good-in-the-world baby... ever.  But I'm (probably) biased.















Mommy's 8-Month Postpartum Update
Body
As far as breastfeeding goes, I've been experiencing a few issues. Clogged ducts in both breasts (although left side was worse--I'm betting I had several clogged ducts there!) and since developing those, my boobs are in rough shape!  For two days straight I nursed excessively and pumped (both via electric pump and hand express), took hot showers and massaged the heck out of these thangs. Yes, thangs.

Then I decided to take an over-the-counter nervous system supplement known as Lecithin to assist in releasing the clog.  For me, I felt achiness everywhere after taking only one dose! Trevor took a dose with me but he did not have the same reaction.  Truly, I'm not too surprised as I'm very sensitive to medication and my body, in general.

So, all in all, want to hear the result? Bruised boobs, chapped nipples and... I started my period! Which was a bit of a surprise because, between you and me, I suspected I might be pregnant as I experienced a lot of clear cervical mucus for several days.  Maybe the Lecithin brought about the period? Kinda... sorta... sad, but also relieved, we're not yet pregnant again.  I can honestly say we're not trying but also not preventing. Which is WILD to the detail-oriented planner in me. Sex is never planned, it just happens and we like to live in the moment. I'm not tracking my cycle (honestly wasn't sure of my cycle as of late).  Ideally, we'll start praying & "trying" for #2 this November or December.  Most likely.

But anyways! Off track.

Now when I nurse bubs, I often lean over him to allow gravity to assist the flow.  D seems to love it, too! He smiles, giggles and kicks his feet in excitement--perhaps my letdown is better this way? That would be my assumption, anyway.

First postpartum period wasn't too bad. I mean, it hurt but I always get cramps during a menstrual cycle.  And it lasted a day longer than pre-pregnancy but we'll see if that change sticks.

Mind+Spirit
As y'all know, I anticipated moving out around March of this year. Well, best case scenario we would have, that is. But we're still here and it's become apparent as to why.

Trevor and I dove into prayer asking God to reveal why we're still waiting. For one, there's unfinished business. And secondly, it's become clear there's a need we're called to fill. A hurting heart that needs healing. A support system which needs building. We were needed at some point and my hope is, even if we're never made aware of the impact, we did well in loving others and providing for their needs.

A few conversations come to mind and I'm SO darn grateful I was present for those. Glad for the bonds made stronger and the new relationships which developed over this past year. What a gift it is to do life with the people we've grown with recently. Many of whom read this blog. Y'all  know who you are and we sincerely live and care for you as family. And I'm glad I was here with you during this season of life.

And man. Isn't it awesome that this was the way God enabled for our family and friends to know our baby boy? Pictures are nice... but I'm pleased to share the essence of my son with my loved ones. He's so darn sweet and although easy to convey with words, I'm elated I don't have to. You all have met him. Held him in your arms. You know him. And just as well, he knows you.

Thank You Lord for this time together; for the gift of memories with family who are friends... and friends who are family. If not for this very experience in our lives, we wouldn't know all we have learned, encountered and gained during this year. I'm grateful for being near my mom and seeing her face light up as she greets my son each day. Grateful for walks with friends and the view of the ocean as we traverse familiar city streets. This isn't how we would have planned our lives to be and yet, Your glory shone through. David is a gift we'll always cherish and this adventure brought him into our arms to love forever. We know how much You love him and we praise You that he is our boy to raise. All of these things You've given us this past year and it's part of who we are in You, God. A part of our testimony and treasures for Heaven. That we trusted in You and You provided for our every need. King of kings, Lord of Lords. You are our Abba whose love is limitless and we've just witnessed a glimpse of it. Thank You for David. For friends. For family. For all these things that are good and worthy of praise--We know these things come from You, and You alone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment