Tuesday, July 3, 2018

31 Weeks Old

Hello, July!

Wednesday, 27 June 2018:  Farewell ToysRUs!

As other millenial parents can attest, we envisioned taking our child to ToysRUs  for the special occasion moments and to watch him run free in a sea of toys.  A store with endless aisles full of goodies just for him.  Unlike an ordinary store, it was a mega and glorious toy store. I'm bummed he won't get to enjoy the full experience of shopping at the 90's kids' heaven-on-earth but he did step foot... uh, was carried in, actually.  More special still, it was the store his daddy frolicked in as a kiddo. 

With that said!  We got some good deals.  Trevor found a good spot to hide some things we've been wanting to purchase for David.  Attempting to be clever, we hid items are two different stores and this proved beneficial as the items were discovered at one of the locations but not the other.

It was quite the haul.  A few notable mentions that we're loving:  Inglesina table chair, sophie teether, munchkin 360 cups, snack tray + a toy for our stroller, bathtime kit, summertime outfits for David and some NUK pacifiers which are his fave--Can never have too many of those! 















Thursday, 28 June 2018:  David Turns 7 Months Old!  + Lunch with Cousins






























Friday, 29 June 2018:  Surprising Grandmama at Work + David's 1st Taste of Steak
















Saturday, 30 June 2018:  Carrie's Bible School Graduation + Trouble with Boundaries











On Saturday we witnessed Carrie complete her long-awaited goal of graduating from Bible School.  We were happy to support her and be a part of her day.  She and I find it ironically funny that although we met in Colorado, we somehow both ended up living in Southern California now.  She'll likely head back to Georgia where she's originally from, and we'll ship off to wherever we're going next.

Mom guilt plagues me.  Quite honestly, it's bothered me even while pregnant as I worried about how my stress impacted David while in utero.  Nowadays, my biggest source of mom guilt is through interactions others have with David.  People don't respect boundaries... and certainly don't treat babies with the respect they deserve as human beings.

Learning as I go along, there's a few incidences that bother me deeply.  This Saturday brought on a fresh, new wound.


After Carrier's graduation, I met and spent time chatting with her family.  It was pleasure to meet them and I loved joining in on Carrier's celebration.

Her sister, unfortunately, overstepped David's boundaries.  I did what I could in the moment and I've learned I should have trusted my instinct.  I hate feeling this way, as though I let him down over and over and over.  I held him, stroked his hair and found myself apologizing continuously... over.. and over.. and over again.  

It's not fair to him to be treated as an object.  These encounters seriously shocked me.  I would never treat a baby--or anyone for that matter--the way some people interact with babies.  I hate it.  I was so engrossed in anger, I cried.  Then promised myself I would change my perspective to better protect my son.  I've decided to be less understanding of other's feelings and more protective of him.  




David's toy car is on the move!


Sunday, 1 July 2018:  Church Potluck + Naps in Nursery








Sleepy boy fighting the nap.









Monday, 2 July 2018:


Naptime struggle.



Tuesday, 3 July 2018:  31 Weeks Old!


David likes organizing his tiles into piles.

Some familiar faces on the street corner.










#1 Reason to love this stroller.  Baby naps in it, easily!

+



























Dad's trying to be cute in the background!










No comments:

Post a Comment