Tuesday, July 31, 2018

35 Weeks Old

Another custom Indy onesie by Miss Marilyn!

Wednesday, 25 July 2018

Tasting Pea Soup!


Loved it.

With my Sunshine Boy ☼🌻


Challenges.











Annnnnd... we have next year's Halloween costume for D.


Thursday, 26 July 2018:  Kickin' Bubble Butt!  ðŸ‘Š

Found a little house we admire.






Wrestling boys.







Video:  Kickin' Bubble Butt!



Friday, 27 July 2018























Saturday, 28 July 2018:  David Turns 8 Months Old!  +  Pasadena Bead Fair + Emergency Room Visit


Those who know my mom are aware she loves beading.  She makes all sorts of jewelry pieces; necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rosaries.  Her finished products are straight-up masterpieces and maybe just maybe, someday I'll learn how to beadweave from her and create a few pieces for myself!  

She hinted for two weeks straight that she wanted us to go to the Pasadena Bead Fair with her, which is held twice a year.  We went twice while I was pregnant and it's evident she wanted all of us to join her this year as well.  So we went and had a good time watching momma enjoy herself.  Trevor wore David as he slept on Daddy's chest.  David played in the lobby and watched as people walked by.  This dude loves to people-watch and he'll often smile at them even if they're not looking at him.  



A tooth is finally breaking through!

His first tooth is finally breaking through and it's on the top row of teeth!  His other central incisor is inflamed as well, my bet is it'll be next to cut through.  















For the past few days I've kept a close watch on the inner corner of David's left eye.  It's been red and seems to have a film over it.  At first I brushed it off assuming a bit of dust landed in his eye and trusted his body to clear it up on its own.  Each morning his eye looks great; however, towards the end of the day it's back to looking irritated.  

I called D's pediatrician just to see if they could squeeze him in for a visit - all booked up.  I called the local Urgent Care for Little Company of Mary - they don't see pediatric patients.  So off to the emergency room we went because I couldn't bear to wait until Monday to have him treated.



I hate the emergency room, I really do.  And of course, it took hours of waiting before he was seen.  By the time he was seen he had missed dinner and was late for bedtime.  Luckily, the warm weather kept us content outside and away from all the sick, coughing patients inside the hospital.  





Crying as they restrained him for a temperature reading.








Rechecking his vitals before the doctor arrived.

Once seen, the doctor speculates David could have a genetic film over his eye.  To quote the doctor, "something would have to be scrapped off when he's older but that will likely grow back."  Perhaps he's right, but I'm not fully convinced as his other eye doesn't have the same texture.  Typically, issues like that are bilateral.  So he screened for corneal tear.  



No sign of a tear, thankfully, so he administered some saline solution and sent us home.  I felt in my gut he should be treated for infection, but the doctor chose saline solution as a first attempt in helping his eye flush out any irritants.  Happy to hear his eye is without serious injury, we left the hospital with our little green-eyed guy.









Sunday, 29 July 2018:  Home Depot Shopping & Browsing


Does anyone else love Home Depot?  Call me a weirdo, but I love the SMELL of HD (basically, the smell of wood).  I love all things construction and design.  We were there for supplies to fix my mom's deck but I can't help myself from walking through the kitchen and bathroom showrooms.  Same goes with the Ikea displays.  If I ever go missing, that's where I'm likely to be.  Making myself at home in an Ikea showroom, snuggly seated on a foreign couch as I envision my life through the lens of an Ikea catalog. 










Monday, 30 July 2018:  Mommy in the Mirror is Funny ðŸŽ¶


Mirrors + Babies = Good times.  Whenever David starts to fuss in his car seat, I simply peer over my seat and make eye contact with him in the mirror.  He bursts out laughing.  I've even sat next to him so he can see me beside him (if he turns his head) or in the mirror and he prefers the mirror.  And the giggles always insue.  So we have a little song that I sing:

Mommy in the mirror is funnnnny!  Mommy in the mirror is funnnnny!  
Not sure why, baby don't cry!  
Cause mommy in the mirror is funny!



That little tongue!









Tuesday, 31 July 2018:  35 Weeks Old!


Not a fan of bottles.


Changing up the stroller.




His left eye (right side if you're looking at him) still has texture on the inner corner of eye.  

Hard to tell in photos, but the inner corner is pinkish.  

+





















I'm a little teapot!







































Grandmama spotted us in the park so she stopped by to join us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment