Tuesday, August 7, 2018

36 Weeks Old

Representing my Alma Mater!  🐏  Colorado State Rams!

From dipping David's bitty toes in the Pacific Ocean for the first time to celebrating Trevor's 32nd birthday and commemorating 13 years together, we had quite the week!  Our weekend trip to Solvang left our little family with lots of fun memories to remember.  It was Trevor's first sojourn to the Danish town - and, technically, David's second time there.  During my last visit, I wished Trevor could be with us and awaited for the chance to bring him back.  For all of us to venture here together, as a family.  

We hit all the major attractions as Mom and I had before, if you recall, when I was 30 weeks along in the pregnancy.  All of our favorite things were saved for Trevor to experience as well - and he was excited to jump in!  He heard stories of the delectable Danish pancakes, the quaint shops along the small-town streets and he was eager to have a go at steering the group-sized bicycles.  

So, side-note is needed here.  

Back in 2015 I flew home after graduating from university and stayed with my mom for two weeks.  It was her graduation present to me as having spent 3 years away from her, I missed her and was occasionally homesick.  During my visit, she brought me to Solvang for the first time and it was then we rented a two-person bicycle and laughed our asses off while I peddled and steered.  Unable to assist in peddling from a sports injury, I was the sole peddler.   Basically, we had the time of our lives as I struggled to cart us around town - up and down hills and around street corners, all while minding the flow of traffic.  It was hilarious.  We had to include Trevor in this hilarious mess of fun.  Referencing this experience has been a sort-of unintentional inside joke of ours, and now Trevor would be part of it.  As he should be.

And David was just along for the ride because... he's a baby.  He's cool with it.

We stayed in a loft hotel room which gave mom her own space, as well as room for Trevor, David and me to sprawl out.  Traveling with David is easy peasy as we did our best to mind his naptime schedule.  We brought his travel highchair and he seems to love watching people seated in nearby tables.  And they seem to love watching him too.

My momma bear instincts are on high-alert in public places so it's aggravating when strangers reach out to touch him.  I've learned from my mistakes so now I trust my gut.  People's hands are swatted away and while I still try to be kind, I don't mind telling people no.  This way, we all can enjoy our trip.  David included.

And we very much did!

We're planning on making Solvang (or neighboring cities) a destination for family reunions once the three of us move away.  Establishing future get-togethers helps us feel connected even though separation is on the horizon.  It's tough to say goodbye so we enjoy the present while looking forward to the future.


Wednesday, 1 August 2018:  Eye Exam for David + Beach Day to Celebrate Dad's 32nd Birthday!


Unconvinced after our visit with the emergency room, we made an appointment to see D's pediatrician.  She sought to treat possible infection as he seems to be experiencing irritation.  Huge sigh of relief for this mama as the saline drops just weren't helping.  We'll be administering drops 4x/day for 10 days so we're hopeful this issue will clear up soon.

This photo breaks my heart.  He turned around to find me.

💔




While we wait for D's prescription, baby likes to smile back at smiling faces.


+

Beach bound!

First Step in the Pacific
Family.

Bonded.

Tenderness.

Exploration.

Testing.

Trust.

Curiosity.

Uncertainty.

In this together.

Unfamiliar.

Uneasy.

Kind.

Comfort.

+

Playing at Dad's birthday dinner.


Petrified look as waiting staff sings to Dad.


Video:  Daddy the Birthday Boy!

Thursday, 2 August 2018




Friday, 3 August 2018:  Solvang Trip Day #1 + 13-Year Anniversary!





Teething toys for the long drive.





Making new friends around The Succulent Café


I love this photo way too much not to share it.


Saturday, 4 August 2018:  Solvang Trip Day #2


My mother in her natural habitat.









Making friends at breakfast.

Grandmama picked out some socks for David...

And a cute outfit...
And some Peruvian jackets!



She spoils him but she's happy about it.  💜💙

Admiring the fudge.


Hmm.









Sunday, 5 August 2018:  Solvang Trip Day #3 - Riding Through Town










Itching to stand on his own.


























+





Little note Trevor found under the couch left by a previous family. 
















David dgaf 🤣





Video:  Solvang Bike Ride (Part 1)

Video:  Solvang Bike Ride (Part 2)

+

A familiar scene from week 30 of the pregnancy!





Monday, 6 August 2018:  Back Home




Tuesday, 7 August 2018:

























No comments:

Post a Comment