Sunday, September 10, 2017

27 Weeks

With today being the 10th of September, we have exactly 3 more months until David's due date!  It's also a little hard to believe this will be the last week of the second trimester---it went by so fast!

6 September 2017:  Initial Glucose Test, Parking Ticket + Stranded at Target
Oh, the dreaded glucose test!  First-time moms hear all the horror stories about how nasty the glucose drink is--honestly, it wasn't bad at all.  The clinic I went to had both the orange and clear drink (think: Sprite) option in the fridge to which the medical technician happened to grab the clear version for me to chug.  The taste?  Ehh, it was like a sprite that's gone flat.  Not bad at all.  Not the best thing in the world but nowhere near as horrific as some women have described it.  And, even it was terrible, who the heck cares?  It goes without saying that baby's health is way more important.

So the thing is, my doctor sent me to a lab and asked me to fast beforehand; making sure to not eat after midnight.  The clinic opens at 8am and the soonest they could take me was 8:30.  By the time I was administered the drink it was 8:49.  About halfway through the hour-long wait, I started feeling woozy but felt as though I could maybe make it through the entire test...

But then I puked.  I puked it all up 50 minutes into the test.  That's right, I only had 10 more minutes left!  My advice to my fellow pregnant friends:  Eat and drink water right before midnight.  My last meal was around 7:30 the night before and I think if I had eaten a snack closer to midnight I would have been able to complete the test.  Nonetheless, throwing up meant I had to come back again some other day and start all over.

Thankfully the clinic ran my initial blood work which revealed my glucose levels were extremely low, even for fasting.  My OB commented it's no wonder I threw up.  Instead of retaking the test at the clinic and having to fast again, Dr. Friedman wants me to come into his office after lunch to retake the test.  Hallelujah! I'm so glad I don't have to go through that again.

So after I threw up and failed my test, I walked back to my car only to realize I had a ticket on my windshield!  Dang street-sweepers.  Across the street the sign read "No parking Thursdays" but sure enough, a sign all the way down the street read "No parking Wednesdays" and I was ticketed.  Just for the heck of it I drove to Torrance Police Department and inquired if they would forgive the offense and they did! 

Then I drove to Target to unwind and walk around the store; a creative attempt at being a little more active.  But when I got back to my car it wouldn't start!  What a day!  I ended up flagging some guys down and they found a guy with a truck to help jump the Jeep.  Before they said goodbye they congratulated me on my pregnancy and I'm so grateful they walked by when they did.  Trevor has been praying for me as he's reading Power of a Praying Husband, and I can feel it.  It was a stressful day and yet, I was not stressed.  God was with me.

7 September 2017:  Dental Appointment Encouragement + Happy Together Emotional Moment
On Thursday I had my teeth cleaned and received a clean bill of health, which surprised me as I've heard the adage "For every child, a tooth!"  Without prompting, the dental assistant was so encouraging.  He mentioned, "You might be wondering if you'll have the patience to handle this baby, especially with your husband being away.  But trust me, you will.  You'll see that little baby and you'll just be filled with everything you need to take care of him.  You'll look at him and be in awe because he's yours."

I thanked him for his words and mentioned I had prayed the week prior that God would bless me in caring for this baby---especially being that Trevor is away and I'll have to navigate the first few months of parenthood alone.  But the dental assistant's words comforted me and had Godly timing.  I smiled as I walked out of there and whispered, "Thank you God" under my breath as I'm receiving gentle reminders that God will provide.


Trevor and I have loved this song for ages.  While we were dating I replaced the lyrics "So happy together" with "So happy with Trevor" and ever since then I can't sing it any other way.  The song played while I drove and I started to tear-up listening to it.  It's incredible how this song fit us then and fits us now, albeit differently.  I miss you so much, Trev.

Week 27 Photos








Week 27 Updates
1.  Size of the baby?  Baby weighs about 2 pounds and measures 14.4 inches long, about as big as lettuce!
2.  What's developing this week?
3.  Current weight? 140.  +1lb from last week.  +24lbs pre-pregnancy.
4.  Movement?  :)
5.  Sleep?   Not so much.  It's been rough!
6.  Symptoms?
  •  Tired from waking up several times a night.  Tired Jacqui = Crankier Jacqui.
  •  Itchy belly.
  •  Foot cramps.
7.  Cravings and Aversions?  Nope.
8.  Best moment this week?  Feeling God's peaceful presence amidst a terrible week.
9.  Prayer requests?  Prayers for a better night's sleep would be much appreciated!
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week?  Working on baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment