Sunday, September 24, 2017

29 Weeks

First week of the 3rd trimester is over and I'm still feeling pretty good!  It seems my sensitivity to the DHA in my prenatal has diminished and the 2nd trimester boost in energy is still hanging around for now.  In person, folks comment that my belly appears tiny for how far along I am.  Things are pretty good!  Although yes, there are a few tough things.

My belly kind of gets in the way of shaving my legs and it hurts a bit to bend over.  Resting at an incline against my back is a comfortable position right before the weight of the baby begins to hurt me.  And, David likes to roll around at night and he wakes me up every now and then.

It's kind of crazy to think I'm one week away from 30 weeks.  After 30 weeks, we'll start counting down to single-digit weeks until David arrives.  This whole experience has flown by!   I almost feel like I don't have enough time before he gets here.

19 September 2017:  Glucose Test Reading
At our 28-week OBGYN appointment, we received the results of the 2nd glucose test.  Glucose levels are normal!  My friend treated me to a chik-fil-a sandwhich and root beer soda beforehand and I absentmindedly snacked on a few teddy grahams on my way to the appointment.  Even so, baby looks great, glucose levels look great so we're all good!


20 September 2017:  Useless Physical Therapy Appointment
My referral for PT finally got approved and I set up an appointment with the PT clinic I was assigned to.  The clinic is in Manhattan Beach and has great reviews so I gave it a shot.  The therapist's touch was so light and, based on where she was rubbing, seems she's unfamiliar with the piriformis muscle.  She applied KT tape to that area and that was also completely useless, and it was a pain in the ass (literally) to remove.  I've since applied for another referral to switch PT providers but I'm in so much pain.  Hopefully it get approves soon.

Trevor's Updates:  Books Galore, Upcoming Switch to Day Shift + Fantasies of Homecoming
Trevor, who still lovingly refers to himself as Daddy, has been on the hunt for books for baby David.  On base there's a sort-of thrift shop (except everything is free) called Jack's Place that he frequents often in pursuit of a treasured find.  At the forefront of his mind is finding books for David!  Although the baby is an active fellow most days, he becomes very still while listening to daddy's voice via Trevor's prerecorded reading of All The Ways I Love YouWe highly recommend this book for military families separated by deployment!  The base gave these away during Trevor's Yellow Ribbon event and I know Trevor appreciates our baby getting a close-up listen of his voice whenever we want.

Just for next week he'll be switching to day shift.  We've come to love his nighttime schedule as it allows us to communicate most often.  Sometimes when I'm out and about during the day I'll receive a call from his unit's phone number or an invitation to skype with him, which always brightens my day!  However, next week we'll have to go without speaking for awhile as he'll no longer be awake when I'm awake.  His supervisor initiated the switch because Trevor has applied to complete his reintegration classes now instead of once he returns to Denver after the deployment.  The benefit is he'll be able to fly out of Denver sooner and reunite with me and meet our baby!  Otherwise he will be forced to stay in Denver until the reintegration training is complete.

So last week I made a little boo-boo.

Trevor has been discussing what he images his homecoming will be like.  He loves to talk about it which I think is incredibly sweet.  With many exciting changes on the horizon, we're both looking forward to that day!  We've agreed that mom and I should park the car in the parking lot so we can wait for him in the baggage claim area instead of rushing him into the car outside the airport (which was a concern for him).  He envisions that he'll spot me carrying the baby from afar and as he approaches he'll hug and kiss me and then reach for David.  He's jokingly preparing me not to be too upset when he focuses more attention on the baby instead of me; which, I'm more than okay with, of course!  But when I decided to jest back, I may have hurt his feelings.

I laughed as I replied, "Well, maybe the baby won't want you to hold him!  Maybe he'll want mommy."  Which, gah, I wish I hadn't said that because that comment immediately deflated his cloud-nine experience.  "Oh... yeah.  Maybe he won't want me to hold him.  He won't really know me yet."  I could have kicked myself.

I apologized and said, "Honey, I only said that because you were joking with me first.  Of course he'll want you to hold him!  It might take him a bit to get use to you but I'm sure he'll love you in no-time!"  No matter what I said I knew I had altered that fantasy for him.  Although now he's emotionally preparing himself for if the baby doesn't take to him right away and is aware bonding may take time.  Honestly, I still feel awful for suggesting that idea to him.  Since then he's recorded himself reading more books for the baby to listen to so it's clear he's doing his best to bond with David even before birth.

Week 29 Updates
1.  Size of the baby?  Baby weighs 2.5 pounds and measures 15.2 inches long, about the size of an acorn squash!  
2.  What's developing this week?

3.  Current weight? 140.  -1lb from last week.  +23lbs pre-pregnancy.
4.  Movement?  Feeling large movements from him as if he's completely turning around.
5.  Sleep?  I can feel him kicking while I'm asleep and sometimes his kicks are incorporated into my dreams, haha.
6.  Symptoms?
  • Baby loves to kick anything touching my belly.  He's done this for several weeks now, even early in the 2nd trimester.  But it's a fun way to get friends to feel his kicks!  All they have to do is rest their hand on belly and in no-time he'll give them a kick.
  • Leg and hip pain; piriformis inflammation.
  • Constipation, ya'll.
7.  Cravings and Aversions?  Apples.  I wouldn't call it a craving, per se.  But I'm constantly eating apples and I can't get enough.  In fact, after I finish writing this sentence I'll get myself an apple with peanut butter.
8.  Best moment this week?  My almost 4-mile walk--felt so good during the walk but my piriformis hated me afterwards!
9.  Prayer requests?
  • Please pray that God would bless the communication between my mom and I.  
  • That God would bless Trevor's homecoming and that it would be everything he's hoping for and that David would feel comforted in Daddy's arms right away.
10.  What are you looking forward to for next week?  Traveling to Solvang with my mommy!

Week 29 Photos






No comments:

Post a Comment