![]() |
| Each week, we'll feature our favorite keepsake outfit for baby David. |
It's incredibly hard to believe that just two weeks ago I gave birth to this little human! How can it be that 14 days have already zoomed right by?
I broke the going-out-to-dinner-with-baby seal this week as mom and I celebrated her birthday at Island's restaurant. Then the girls and I went out to eat with Colonel and David got to meet his adoptive Grandpa! Taking him places is easy peasy right now as he sleeps 98% of the time.
6 December 2017: Ordered a Breast Pump (1w1d old)
Being that I delivered baby boy at 38 weeks, my authorization for ordering a breast pump was still in the works. My milk came in 3 days after I gave birth and all of a sudden I needed that dang pump! Mom went out and bought a manual pump which I have yet to use. The nodules in my right breast finally went away towards beginning of the week thanks to massaging the breast in a downwards motion (towards the nipple) every time David fed.
Once the authorization went through I quickly ordered the Spectra S2 Plus (at the advice of my lovely BFF, Anna!). Seems to be highly recommended as it's a closed system which aides in protecting breast milk and baby from bacteria. Look out for a review update on it once it arrives and I get a chance to test it out!
8 December 2017: Celebrating Grandpa Coles' Birthday! (1w3d old)
![]() |
| Kung Fu David! |
![]() |
| "I love you THIS much!" |
![]() |
| Holding Uncle John's finger |
![]() |
| 💪 |
![]() |
| A few times this week David and I have locked eyes. Both Trevor and I have independently referred to him as "bright eyes" and it's true, his eyes are captivating! I'm just smitten. |
9 December 2017: (1w4d old)
10 December 2017: Celebrating Grandmama's Birthday! + Belly Button Stump Falls Off (1w5d old)
11 December 2017: Dinner with the Girls and Colonel (1w6d old)
12 December 2017: 2-Week Pediatric Appointment (2 Weeks Old)
Little man keeps on packing on the ounces! He's weighing in at 7 pounds 9 ounces! He's now cleared for baths as his belly button cord stump fell off on Sunday--which is great because he's not a fan of sponge baths!
David has a bit of redness on his tushie--seems to be the makings of diaper rash. Started using Desitin so hopefully it clears up soon.
| His "o" lips |
Two-Week Postpartum Updates
Body
Seems the area around my stitches hurts worse this week, if you can believe it. Perhaps I did too much walking (I had to run to Target a few times). After my visit to urgent care last week I decided to start taking IB Profin somewhat regularly this week to reduce swelling and manage the pain.
Nutrition wise, my caloric in-take is pitiful, honestly. Ever since my mom went back to work I've struggled to eat enough meals per day. My plan for next week is to load up on my Trader Joe's ready-made salads so I have a few easy, go-to meals ready.
Less energy than last week.
Things are looking better in the breastfeeding department. Nipples still hurt at times but the bruising and chaffing is gone. First latch is still intense. I'm beginning to wonder why I don't leak at all--I don't need to wear nursing pads because I don't let-down without baby at the breast.
I'm excited to get the go-ahead to begin exercising again--my back is begging for it! My posture suffers as I slump over this infant at each feeding. Can't help but stare at him and reach down to kiss him, it's part of the job!
Started taking prenatal vitamin again.
Mind + Spirit
Overall, I'm doing well.
As a mommy, I'm feeling confident. That is to say, it's a God-given confidence of feeling fulfilled and whole. It's as if I've become the woman God has created me to be.
As a wife, I'm hurting. I feel sad Trevor's not able to hold him. Although each passing week represents David's healthy development and growth, a part of me is by these weekly benchmarks that Trevor's missing out on.
































No comments:
Post a Comment