Tuesday, April 10, 2018

19 Weeks Old


David and I spent much of the week on our own again; a subtle reminder of the struggle taking care of a young infant solo can be.  It just felt like we were off--David and I both, really.  Poor Davey's bedtime was interrupted most nights as mom unintentionally woke him up at 3am as she got ready for work each morning.  This disturbance meant an extra feeding and extra snuggles which I enjoyed, but the rest of the day was rough on us!  And although he's usually quick to fall asleep for naptime, it was  a bit of a struggle to put him down this week.  Thankfully, by the end of the week things were back to normal.


4 April 2018:  Daddy Commutes to Denver + A Day with The Cousins
David and I dropped off Trevor at the airport early Wednesday morning as he set out to complete his first post-deployment drill.  


Seeing Trevor tear up after saying goodbye to David and leaving kisses upon his cheeks broke my heart.  It's hard to know he'll miss even more time than he already has, even though it's only a few days.  Life is better when we're all together and it pains me to be apart.



Holding hands! 💚💚


As Daddy checked in for his flight, David and I traveled to Long Beach to spend time with Anna, Madison and Jake.  We hung around for most of the day, just lounging and chatting about whatever crossed our minds.


My sweet baby boy!

Our babies napped, played together, and then we took a stroll to Trader Joe's and had lunch.  Typical of California, the day was sunny and beautiful and typical of me, I didn't think to take a picture along our walk--although I wish I had now.  I'll miss days like these once we've moved to Trevor's next duty station, wherever that may be.  I'll miss time spent with Anna and her brood.  Our kiddos are cousins but even before that, we were friends.  Family that are friends; friends that are family.  Win-win!






Right before Jacob jabbed David in his eye :(

5 April 2018:  A Walk with Marla
Walks with my friend Marla have become a weekly endeavor.  It's been a pleasure to catch up with her and she loves getting to see David week after week.






6 April 2018:  




Turning towards the light. He turned over completely later on in the day.

And ever since that moment, he hasn't stopped turning over!  Right in the middle of a diaper change appears to be his favorite opportunity to flip over.  Weeks leading up to this day, we were sure he would flip if he had enough room.  Now our little man has officially turned over from his back to his belly and so, I ordered a new swaddle for him to try.  It allows him to use his arms and keep them by his face so I'm betting he'll like it.

My current backdrop on my phone.



Looking more like Trevor as of late.








7 April 2018:  Goodbye Facebook ✌
In an effort to be more present with David, I deactivated my facebook account.  Social media is a perplexing thing, isn't it?  It has helped me connect with family and friends who live afar; however, with David everchanging and growing as fast as he is, I'd rather devote my time to him than with my phone.  Most often, I browse facebook while nursing but the glowing light beaming from the phone distracts him and he pulls away.  Thus, I decided to move on for now, perhaps temporarily or perhaps for keeps.









8 April 2018:  Nakey Tummy Time! + Daddy Returns Home
So nakey tummy time, it's a thing!  And David seems to approve!




Nakey tummy time went off without tears or cries, surprisingly.  He consistently pushed and wiggled his way from one side of the bassinet to the other, over and over again.  This boy will be crawling in no time.   Lucky enough, not long after I flipped him back over and placed a fresh diaper on, he peed.  As far as his first nakey-tummy-time experience goes, seems he enjoys the freedom from clothing and it wasn't messy as we got that diaper on just in time!









9 April 2018:  Reunited with Daddy + Snuggles All Around
A year ago today, we were 1 month along in our pregnancy with David!

David was already down for the night when Trevor flew back so my mom looked after him while I drove to LAX.  Trevor was bummed the baby wasn't with us during the pick-up so he peered into the baby's room to watch him sleep.  


Reading his 1-2-3 crinkly book :)


As soon as Davey woke up, Trevor held him in his arms.










10 April 2018: 19 Weeks Old!
David's new swaddle arrived (yay for Amazon Prime and 2-day shipping!) and so far, he likes it!  He fussed for a bit which isn't atypical to our routine lately, but it wasn't long before he settled into sleep.  It's fair to say, he seemed to fall asleep faster in this thing.









- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 




Mean muggin'! 


Smiling at Daddy :) 


👌


Hmm.







Mom's blue house in the distance.


Two handsome fellas!

Silly bubbies.

Postpartum Updates
Body

Weight: 126 (-22lbs post-pregnancy, +9lbs prepregnancy)

Definitely noticing some postpartum hair loss now.  Just seems my hair is always on David and larger clumps fall out during showers.

As mentioned last week, April 1st began my postpartum fitness journey.  Each walk over the past 10 days have been beneficial in prepping my body for the more advanced workouts I will begin soon.  Based on how my body feels, I'll continue walking for another week (or so, depending) as to strengthen my knees and increase my endurance.

TMI Alert:  Ugh, I'm still having pain guys, especially when Trevor and I attempt to be intimate.  Keyword:  attempt.  It ain't happening.  I do feel bad for Trevor, especially considering the dry spell we've endured during the deployment.  The area on my left-side laceration refuses to heal.  The referral for a pelvic health physical therapist has been ordered but it's a challenge finding a perineal pt near me that accepts Tricare.  A friend of mine recommended I take urinary health probiotic to assist the pH balance which I'm willing to try as it makes sense to me--perhaps my pH balance has been negatively affecting the healing process.  Between the PT and probiotic, I'm praying for complete healing.

Mind+Spirit
Emotionally speaking, this week sans Trevor brought me back to our time apart during the deployment, which was hard on me.  My mom unintentionally woke David up around 3am each morning which threw him off, and he didn't sleep well during the rest of the day.  I missed Trevor, albeit he was only gone for a few days.  I was snappy and easily-angered.  Just didn't feel like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment