Tuesday, April 24, 2018

21 Weeks Old


Wearing my hand-me-down PJ's!

We're feeling mighty eager over here.  Eager to move out and move onto our new life wherever (and whenever) that may be.  With the switch to active duty military life on the horizon, anything is possible.  Our little family of three could land somewhere stateside oooor we can be sent overseas!  Which, yeah.  I'm hoping to be stationed internationally, maybe Germany?  Italy?  Japan?  Depending on the day, I'll rotate between any of those 3 as my #1 pick.

As a part of Trevor's checklist for his AD packet, he has to pass a physical fitness test at his next drill date in May.  He's skeptical with how well he'll do, more so because he's devoted all of his time to the baby and I and put a halt to the workouts.  During deployments, exercise is a daily activity--as it helps to break-up the monotony of the day's workload and release endorphins.  So just a few months ago, exercise took up a big part of Trevor's everyday life but since arriving back in the states, things have changed.

In what feels like a previous lifetime, I loved working out.  In high school, running was my sport of choice.  The Eagle award I earned still sits on my mom's living room shelf--a reminder that I scored higher than all other cadets on my PT test senior year.  At various times in my life fitness has been a passion of mine--relieving stress and building strength.  So, because desperate times call for desperate measures, I volunteered to train Trevor for his upcoming test 😂.  Right now, eeeeeeeh, we've got lots of work to do as he's lost a ton of core strength.  With only a week and half until his test, we're working hard to build up his abdominal strength and decrease his run time... and fast!

18 April 2018:  Daddy Preps for Active Duty Physical Fitness Test  (20w1d old)














19 April 2018:  (20w2d old)






I'm obsessed with that little face and interlocking hands.



Browsing ToysRUs







I love the little swirl of hair at the back of his head


20 April 2018:  Desperate (Tummy) Times, Call For Desperate Measures  (20w3d old)




Spying on Daddy during a diaper change

This little face!  😍






21 April 2018:  A Walk Along the Strand with New Mom, Emily (20w4d old)











22 April 2018:  (20w5d old)









23 April 2018:  David Meets Carrie!  (20w6d old)
This time last year, David was 7 weeks old in utero.

- + -

It's been several months since I last saw Carrie, and now with baby boy on the outside, she and I had to get together.  She's in her final semester of Bible School and as we await Trevor's orders, all four of us may be leaving California rather soon.

Carrie watching the "Announcing to Carrie" video from Fort Collins!









She's a natural nurturer, this girl.  Even during the pregnancy she accommodated me by driving the full stretch from Anaheim to Redondo Beach just so we could have lunch.  Trevor, David and I met her at a longtime favorite coffeeshop of ours and her eyes seem to light up when she saw David for the first time.  The two of them cuddled and she planted kiss after kiss atop of his head.  I love how freely she loves others--she feels like family to me.


Turns out we may reunite again soon if we're placed in Germany and if she pursues her Master's degree there.  We're not sure how far the Air Force base is to her prospective school but she promises, "If you're in Germany, I'll find you!"  Brings me a bit of comfort to think of living near her again.  She and I saw each other weekly for our fellowship walks/runs at our favorite Fort Collins park.  God is a sweet provider of lovely, supportive friendships such as these.  Thankful for Carrie.



- + -


24 April 2018:  21 Weeks Old!






- + -














No comments:

Post a Comment