Lots of preparation happening around here! Turning 6 months old on the 28th means we're introducing solid foods very soon! As mentioned in his 6-month update, we're waiting until June 10th to begin solids simply to ensure his digestive system is mature enough to handle it. In all honesty, I'm sure his GI tract has developed enough to introduce food now, but we've decided to hold off for two weeks just to be safe.
As brand spankin' new parents, we're still not 100% sure if we'll practice Baby Led Weaning or tradition weaning with purees. Most likely we'll end up testing out a combination of the two. As far as baby gear goes, we have a high chair, bibs, spoons and forks, silicone placemats, sippy cups... the whole gambit. I had so much fun researching all the things! Probably too much fun. I'm excited to watch him taste foods for the first time!
In other preparatory news, we bought a double stroller. As I'm writing this I realize I might seem crazy, but allow me to explain. Although I can't imagine life with another baby just yet, a sibling for David may arrive within the next year or two. God-willing, we are certain we want another baby. Personally speaking, I've always envisioned having five kiddos. Trevor... not so much. He'd like two, maybe three kids max. All of these details remained unsettled for now; however, we do know another baby is the desire for our family.
This Joovy stroller is pretty great! It's a short-framed, narrow-width and has a generous under basket (which is a necessity in my book!). The side-by-seats recline individually for naps and the large canopy pretty much blocks the sun, depending on the time of day. We've tested it out at the park and so far, we love it. We bought it now because I found it on clearance for over $100 off the Amazon price, and in the color I prefer. We're not sure if we'll be sent abroad in a few weeks and it's almost as if I'm going through a leaving-the-comfort-of-the-USA nesting phase. I've heard stories of most retailers refusing to ship overseas and so I'm stocking up now, as crazy as it may seem.
Wednesday, 23 May 2018: Our New Tent (25w1d old)
All I can say is Trevor's idea. His desire is for us to be free to leave the house, provide tummy-time, rolling-around time and crawling time for David, and have a place to nurse in privacy. Gotta admit, I wasn't too keen on the idea in the first place but this tent holds so much value for our family.
It's not everyday that we set up the tent in the park but when we do, we have a cozy, not-too-hot, not-too-cold, shady spot for us to lounge. We keep the tent door open, except while nursing, so people don't think we're setting up camp in a public park.
David loves to watch the leaves wiggling in the trees and I love to simply watch him. Okay, we snuggle too, but that's a given! It's a much needed stress-free zone for me. When I'm there, I could stay for hours. This tent is a blessing for our family, for sure. So glad Trevor surprised us with it.
![]() |
| Dressed like Popeye's Sweetpea! |
Thursday, 24 May 2018: Double Stroller Investment (25w2d old)
![]() |
| Checking out the City Select Lux |
At the risk of sounding crazy, we bought a double stroller! Anna introduced me to the Joovy x2 side-by-side double stroller a year ago and for the price and narrow-width, it's a fantastic option as far as side-by-side doubles go! It's got plenty of great features and after finding it on clearance, Trevor and I decided to make the early investment. No, there's no Baby #2 on board at the moment, but our current plans involve a fresh bun in the oven by the end of this year. With that said, a double stroller is an inevitable purchase for this growing family.
Friday, 25 May 2018: Rolling Over in the Tub (25w3d old)
Saturday, 26 May 2018: (25w4d old)
Sunday, 27 May 2018: Prepping for BLW + Ikea Shopping (25w5d old)
Monday, 28 May 2018: David's 6 Months Old! + Transition from Bassinet to Pack n' Play Sleeper (25w6d old)
A nice neighbor gifted us their upgraded pack n' play with all the bells and whistles; changing table, newborn sleeper and diaper storage caddy. We've added an extra-thick foam mattress for additional support as this p&p will be David's crib until the big move.
![]() |
| Exercising with Mommy & Daddy in the park. |
![]() |
| Picture from Dad's phone: Baby in the hamper. |
Tuesday, 29 May 2018: 26 Weeks Old! + Manhattan Beach Farmer's Market + Lunch at The Kettle














































No comments:
Post a Comment