Tuesday, June 5, 2018

27 Weeks Old


For the past week, our mornings begin with the soft sweeping sounds of David wiggling in his pack n' play.  Side-sleeping is his new thing, specifically on his right side (same for me too!).  More recently, if not lying on his side, this dude sleeps on his tummy!  Either way, he entertains himself while laying around glancing at his mobile before I wake up.

Once David hit 6-months old Trevor and I began our workout routine.

Wednesday, 30 May 2018:  (26w1d)





Thursday, 31 May 2018:  (26w2d)






Friday, 1 June 2018:  (26w3d)


















Sunday, 3 June 2018:  Lunch with Katie + Spiritual Gifts (26w5d)

Prophecy.

Exhortation.

Teaching.

Katie recently returned home from a mission trip to Nepal, a trip Trevor and I felt led to support financially.  With regards to her work in educating others about human trafficking, her motto is "My goal is not to break your heart, but instead break your silence."

I get it.  I was once there, in a position of captivity wishing for help.  Viewing and anticipating an outsider's perspective and their fear in stepping-in and possibly over-stepping societal boundaries.  After all, we lived in a flourishing suburban town in sunny Southern California.  On the outside, people don't get it.  They don't realize all that's happening around them.  People fear stepping out, especially for a child.

So as we're sitting there discussing human trafficking, I feel connected with these faces I've never seen.  I share a bit of my story with her and what it means to be silent in abuse.  She gets me.  I begin to pour out about all that God has done to make beauty out of the ashes of my childhood and then she says to me... "Jacqui, you're a powerhouse!" 

Powerhouse.  This word resonates with me.  During those years I felt weak, helpless, scared and in pain.  Unloved by my own father and constantly in fear of what's next, anxiety and paranoia plagued me.  Looking back I can see the many times God intervened for me, for my safety and for my sanity.  He protected me, spoke to me and filled me with strength.  I've been asked before as to when I came to know Christ and the answer is, I've always known Him.  He's always been with me.

As Katie inquires, "Jacqui, are you familiar with the gifts of the Spirit?  Yours are prophecy, exhortation and teaching" a peace washes over me and I know she's speaking truth into me.  As a little girl God revealed that someday I would be a leader for Christ, and the image of a pastor filled my mind although not quite fitting.

Katie continues, "You are so meant to mentor others.  In fact, you and Trevor would make the perfect team."  He's the quiet listener as I'm the enthusiastic speaker, I can see it.

As we're sitting there I'm feel the peace of the Holy Spirit continually wash over me--continued confirmation of truth.

want this for my life.  I want to be a powerhouse for Jesus and to lead others to Christ.  Trevor says he loves the way I think, the way I speak about God, and all of my "teachings" about who He is.  I can't contain myself, frankly.  Experiencing the love of Christ firsthand and knowing who God is changed me forever.   I could never turn my back away.



















Monday, 4 June 2018:  (26w6d)

How Mr. Bubs likes to sleep now.  He once hated tummy time, now he loves it!


I'm in love.


Tuesday, 5 June 2018:  27 Weeks Old!






































+












No comments:

Post a Comment