Tuesday, May 15, 2018

24 Weeks Old

David with his "Davey" Doll

Back from our blissful binge in the mile-high city and it feels like it ended all too soon.  It was good to recap with our friends, return to our stomping grounds and of course, the mountain views are so beautiful, I miss waking up to them every day.

Having spent the first half of the pregnancy there, we consider David our Colorado baby.  Colorado is home to five and half years of memories for Trevor and I. Our favorites include seeing David for the first time via ultrasound, the baby's gender reveal atop Horsetooth mountain and filming the announcement video at our favorite Fort Collins park.  Bringing David to the place where we became parents and where his life began felt right.  Where he was made and where our lives changed forever.  I'm grateful for the time spent in Colorado, for the friendships we've fostered and for the decisions we made which led to us meeting our son.  We'll take him back to Colorado in a few years and hopefully he'll love the Centennial State just as much as we do.

Thursday, 10 May 2018:  (23w2d old)


Cuddles in the car.




Sitting with Pam





Friday, 11 May 2018:  (23w3d old)









Saturday, 12 May 2018:  (23w4d old)




















Sunday, 13 May 2018:  Mother's Day 2018!  (23w5d old)


For my first Mother's Day (with the baby on the outside of the womb), Trevor, David and I took my mom to The Loft Hawaiian Restaurant for lunch after church.  Trevor and David gifted me a card, and Trevor stamped David's handprint on it so of course, I'll keep forever.  I stamped David's footprint onto my mom's card (much like her Valentine's Day card) and she smiled when she saw it and quickly tucked it into her bag as not to damage or lose it.


Trevor worked hard to let me know I'm loved and to make this day special for me and it shows.




My sleepy bubs.





Monday, 14 May 2018:  (23w6d old)
This day, last year, we announced we were expecting our son to all of our friends. Only 10 weeks along in the pregnancy, Trevor geared up for his deployment and we packed our things to move to California for a bit. Funny how the rest is a blur as the days seemed long and yet the weeks were short, then the 3 of us reunited. Now we're holding this sweet 5-month old babe in our arms. Trevor and I are in a state of awe when it comes to David. How can it be that he's OUR child? This beautiful, easy-going, slobbers mini-munchkin made me a mommy. He looks like Trevor, he looks like me and he's my heart somehow existing outside of my body. Happy (belated) Mommy's Day to all of my hard-working mama friends out there! You already know you're badass in my book but here's a friendly reminder! 👊 ✌💐 


Tuesday, 15 May 2018:  24 Weeks Old!
Stealing all the dino binkies!






His Davey doll traveled all the way to Colorado with us!




Love these feet!




No comments:

Post a Comment