Tuesday, January 16, 2018

7 Weeks Old



Well, it's happening.  My little newborn baby is gaining major cheekage.  Day-in and day-out it's not as noticeable but while picking him up after my shower tonight I realized this kid is getting heavy!  

Dang breast milk... nutritious and delicious!  Or so, it seems.  I haven't tasted it although I'm sure I will once Trevor returns home.  Hopefully I'm not grossing anyone out here but it's true, the husband wants to taste the breast milk.  And no, he's not allowed to try from the tap.  I'm not keen on feeding the entire herd, guys.  🤣

So although I'm feeling better overall, some days I still feel pain.  It's kind of a funky thing.  Sometimes I have sharp, random pains and other times it's like a burning, pressure along the stitches.  After walking around for a bit I'll begin to feel uncomfortable then sore the next day.  Here I am, almost 2-months postpartum and I'm still feeling occasional pain.  I found a website online that explains while perineal stitches can heal in about a month or so, recovery for the underlying muscular stitches can take upwards of 12 weeks.  And I have two sets of these so it's making sense as to why things aren't so pleasant some days.  It's comforting to know the aches I'm having are normal at this stage in the recovery process.

So as I mentioned last week, I sweat while I nurse David.  With that said, I'm in the market for an all-natural deodorant so please send me any recommendations!  I don't feel comfortable using an antipersperiant as my body needs to sweat so often.  And with David being so close to that area I'd like to switch to a product with less chemicals.

As far as milk supply goes, I'm able to produce the amount David needs as of right now.  I had a bit of trouble producing enough when I introduced pumping into the mix.  Just for the heck of it, I picked up a bottle of 610mg Fenugreek capsules to try out as my OB recommended them to increase my supply.  It took about 24 hours to notice an impact but man, this stuff works!  A day after beginning the supplements I pumped 6oz on my left, 3oz on my right after nursing David!

10 January 2018:  Haircut for Mommy!  (6w1d old)

Morning Snuggles


Depending on when he falls asleep, David usually wakes up anywhere from 4:30-5:30 each morning.  I'll change him, nurse him and we'll snuggle for a bit.  Once he falls back asleep I'll put him back in his bassinet unless I feel awake enough to let me lay next to me until his next feeding.

So nice to get my hair cut!

Mom, David and I went to the salon on Wednesday and not only was it nice to get a little pampering, but it was so relaxing!  I wanted to close my eyes the entire time the hairdresser worked on me.  David slept in his little infant carseat and got hungry as we were leaving so I nursed him in the car before mom and I went out for dinner.  Nights like these are such a treat.

Not sure how many inches she cut off and to be honest, I don't really care.  Never have actually.  Hair grows back so I never tell the hairdresser how much to take off.  Unless I have a specific style in mind, I leave it up to their digression.  I haven't noticed any postpartum hair loss as of yet but I wouldn't say I had an increase in growth during pregnancy either.



11 January 2018:  (6w2d old)



12 January 2018:  (6w3d old)


Cheeks!

Straight chillin' with his arm resting on the tub!



Bath time is so much fun with David!  He loves soaking in the warm water.

13 January 2018:  (6w4d old)

"Ayyyyye!"

At another bead fair, this time with baby boy on the outside!

Perfectly-Timed Fussiness at Lunch
Waiting to strike...



Left breast:  6oz.  Right breast:  3oz (not pictured)

14 January 2018:  (6w5d old)



16 January 2018:  7 weeks old!























Thanks again, Netta!  💙💙💙

7 Weeks Postpartum Updates




Body
  • Pain around my stitches when I have a full bladder.
  • With that said, pelvic floor is strengthening!
  • Pain in surgical hand.  Looking into second surgery.
  • Sweating while breastfeeding.  Looking for an all-natural deodorant to use at home.
  • Weak knees.  Need to strengthen before I begin running again.

Weight:  Holding steady at 128.  (+11lbs prepregnancy, -20lbs end of pregnancy).

Mind + Spirit
My thoughts are shifting from doing things independently to trusting I can soon rely on Trevor again to help me.  I'm so jazzed he'll be home soon!  It gives me a kick in my step, for sure.  Trevor is an incredibly supportive partner and it's such a relief to know I'll have help very, very soon.

During the pregnancy, Trevor was saddened to know he'd miss David's first Christmas--although, I gotta say, it's not like he missed much.  My mom and I exchanged a few gifts in the morning then we all simply rested the rest of the day.  Later on I took David to the park and snapped a few photos of him in his Christmas onesie with matching hat and socks.  When Trevor and I were able to skype that night, we read Luke Chapter 2 as we traditionally do on Christmas Day.

Even so, he shared with me his loss.  He had envisioned holding David in his lap as he "helped" our son open his presents for the very first time.  A little bitty baby who is fully unaware of the day's events and who knows no difference and yet, Trevor wanted to be there.  So... I'm wrapping presents, y'all!  I picked up a few learning, sensory and teether toys for David anyways, why not wrap them up and celebrate Christ's birth together?  Christmas in January, I'll take it!

I'm thinking of buying a short string of lights to arrange around the room and maybe a small plant as a little Christmas Tree, haha.  I'll pick up a small ham, some potatoes and a few veggies and apple cider and we'll be all set.  I even have catnip toys for the cats (as "pur" tradition in our household 🤣) and canned catfood for their celebratory dinner.  All of this may not seem like much but it's exactly what my heart is longing for.


No comments:

Post a Comment